"My iPhone 6 Isn't As Good As The iPhone 6 Plus..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
This is for everyone bashing on the 6 Plus. The iPhone 6 is nothing special from the 5S, it's barely an upgrade. Other than Payments and Screen Size, there's no big upgrade.

So many 6 users are going to be upset with their purchase and try to exchange for a 6 Plus, but Apple won't have any since demand is so high.

Let's look at it this way - Better PPI/Screen on the 6 Plus, better camera, and better battery.

It has pretty much been confirmed that the 6 Plus will have 2GB of RAM while the 6 has the same 1GB of RAM that the iPhone 5 has (which came out in 2012).

Yes, 6 Plus users will have to adapt to the size difference...but the keyword is ADAPT. Apple seems to have realized the market demands larger phones and the 6 Plus is pretty much the flagship phone for Apple this year.

Have fun 6 Plus haters, we'll be loving our phones come September 19th! :p

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
But of course. The one I got is THE BEST. Because it's the one I got. If you got the OTHER one, you got the second best.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
This is for everyone bashing on the 6 Plus. The iPhone 6 is nothing special from the 5S, it's barely an upgrade. Other than Payments and Screen Size, there's no big upgrade.

So many 6 users are going to be upset with their purchase and try to exchange for a 6 Plus, but Apple won't have any since demand is so high.

Let's look at it this way - Better PPI/Screen on the 6 Plus, better camera, and better battery.

It has pretty much been confirmed that the 6 Plus will have 2GB of RAM while the 6 has the same 1GB of RAM that the iPhone 5 has (which came out in 2012).

Yes, 6 Plus users will have to adapt to the size difference...but the keyword is ADAPT. Apple seems to have realized the market demands larger phones and the 6 Plus is pretty much the flagship phone for Apple this year.

I ordered the 6 Plus and can't wait!! :D

menist

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
California
I think casual users bought the iphone 6 because of the portability. We hardcore users prefer the 5.5. I don't know who/why the hate, its just user preference.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
Other than Payments and Screen Size, there's no big upgrade.
The 6 is thinner than the 5S, better battery life, NFC capability, bigger screen size, better screen contrast, better camera sensor, faster processor, faster graphics, better co-processor, 64GB model is same price as 5S 32Gb launch model. I'd say it's a nice upgrade from the 5S.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
Here is what you don't realize. If the smaller version is less of a phone, then people are going to leave Apple and buy a smaller phone elsewhere. People that don't want a huge phone in their pockets will just buy elsewhere. They aren't going to buy a huge phone and carry it around everyday just because it has an Apple logo on it. Apple is not stupid. I doubt there will ever be a large PERFORMANCE difference between the 2 phones......just like there ISN'T now.

----------

I think casual users bought the iphone 6 because of the portability. We hardcore users prefer the 5.5. I don't know who/why the hate, its just user preference.

So there is something inside the 5.5" that makes it more compatible with a "hardcore" user? So your A8 processor (same in both phones) somehow knows it has a bigger screen so it performs better? Funny.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
I honestly have mixed feelings. I originally felt the Plus was too big...not so much for talking, but for putting in pockets, putting on the arm on long runs, etc.

But after playing with the cutouts some more - I keep wondering if the 4.7 I ordered is a bit too small. I probably should have waited until they came out to decide. I may wait to activate my preorder and go into the store and play with them both. If I prefer the plus, I'll return the 6 and just wait until the Plus is available.

THE BG 86

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008

Someone's insecure.

tigerfan41

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
But after playing with the cutouts some more - I keep wondering if the 4.7 I ordered is a bit too small. I probably should have waited until they came out to decide. I may wait to activate my preorder and go into the store and play with them both. If I prefer the plus, I'll return the 6 and just wait until the Plus is available.

This. This is why I chose the 6+. I knew if I got the 4.7, most likely I would come to regret it because the 6+ is a better phone and I can see where the bigger screen would come in handy.

Worst case, the 6+ is a little big for me, but honestly, why would I be that mad about a phone being too big for me? I'll just throw it in a briefcase when I don't feel like carrying it.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I purchased the 6 for my line. 6 Plus for delivery was gone by the time I got on Apple.com.

I do feel this way though. I feel like the Plus is the real treat everyone is after, and I do have some regret getting the 6.

menist

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
California
Here is what you don't realize. If the smaller version is less of a phone, then people are going to leave Apple and buy a smaller phone elsewhere. People that don't want a huge phone in their pockets will just buy elsewhere. They aren't going to buy a huge phone and carry it around everyday just because it has an Apple logo on it. Apple is not stupid. I doubt there will ever be a large PERFORMANCE difference between the 2 phones......just like there ISN'T now.

----------

So there is something inside the 5.5" that makes it more compatible with a "hardcore" user? So your A8 processor (same in both phones) somehow knows it has a bigger screen so it performs better? Funny.
Does longer battery life not appeal to you? You consider yourself a hardcore user? Funny!:apple:

exi

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
edit: funny 404 but I missed it anyway. Bad MRer, bad.

Last edited:

ebree

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014

Buyers remorse? It's ok, you can still cancel your order kiddo.

iphone X

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
The 6 is thinner than the 5S, better battery life, NFC capability, bigger screen size, better screen contrast, better camera sensor, faster processor, faster graphics, better co-processor, 64GB model is same price as 5S 32Gb launch model. I'd say it's a nice upgrade from the 5S.
don't forget the new 802.11 ac Wi‑Fi chip on the iPhone 6/6+ :D

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I purchased the 6 for my line. 6 Plus for delivery was gone by the time I got on Apple.com.

I do feel this way though. I feel like the Plus is the real treat everyone is after, and I do have some regret getting the 6.
Don't have regret, I'm sure the 6 is great. I may regret the huge size, who knows? :D

I just made this thread since other people are posting ridiculous stuff about the 6 Plus.

----------

As for myself, I'm pleased with my iPhone 6. You okay with that, or does your penis want you to randomly bash on the internet some more?
You obviously haven't seen this thread...

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
Does longer battery life not appeal to you? You consider yourself a hardcore user? Funny!:apple:
Oh, I must be mistaken.....a tad bit more battery life would make me a hardcore user, right? You are right....the 6 plus is for "hardcore users" and us normal folk better stick to the smaller screen phone with near identical MARKETING specs. :rolleyes:

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Oh, I must be mistaken.....a tad bit more battery life would make me a hardcore user. You are right....the 6 plus is for "hardcore users" and us normal fold better stick to the smaller screen phone with near identical MARKETING specs. :rolleyes:
Tad bit? 6 days of additional standby isn't a "tad bit" more.

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I have an idea. I know its, crazy, but hear me out. Buy whatever phone you want and let other people buy whatever phone they want. I know how ridiculous it sounds, but I tried it once and it changed my life.

----------

Also, there is no solid evidence pointing to the 6 Plus having 2GB RAM.

----------

Another point of interest, I bought the 6 Plus right away without ever considering the 6. I just think this thread is nonsense and unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.