My iPhone 6S has a bright, white pixel in the top that can only be barely seen in light backgrounds.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zooby, Nov 18, 2015.

1. zooby, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Not much help we can give you here. You know the possibility that your replacement could be worst. If the spot that you can barely see is bothering you that much, you will need to take the chance. If you can relax and accept it is there, you continue on with the phone you have.

It is always up to you!

3. zooby, Nov 18, 2015

zooby thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've got what sounds like the exact same type of bright pixel that is there at the left top edge of the screen right by the signal dots. I discovered it a few weeks after I got my iPhone 6 and was bothered by it initially in the sense of knowing it's there and was going back and forth trying to decide if I should go through the hassle of getting it fixed or the phone replaced and perhaps ending up with something that might have other issues. After a week or two of that I sort of let it go and fairly quickly after that haven't even given it much thought at all except for occasionally remembering it there perhaps once every few months or so.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It is like gambling, you want another card or what?

6. zooby, Nov 18, 2015

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Not sure when but I'd ask the genius if they can do a screen only replacement for the 6S/6S Plus. I"m not sure if it's available yet but worth asking. If they don't have it yet then you can always turn it down and come back later when it becomes available and replace the screen only.

8. viperGTS macrumors 65816

Can you take a picture of this, by any chance?

9. Trickhot3102 macrumors 6502

Trickhot3102

OMG I think I have the same thing with my 5s!!!! It's only on white backgrounds. It looks almost like a white splotch! I pretty much have learned to live with it. Doesn't bother me too much

10. zooby, Nov 19, 2015

11. viperGTS macrumors 65816

Just do your best! Lol, I still believe you though. I would personally return it, but it's up to you of course.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I have. Stuck pixel. Probably more common than a dead one. I have seen green and red stuck pixels too. White is generally the least jarring IMO. Basically gotta decide if you are willing to live with it, or not. I lived with one on my 6 plus. Didn't notice it until about 6 months in. Wasn;t worth the hassle TBH.

13. zooby, Nov 19, 2015

14. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I have read this too. I had a handful of stuck pixels on my PSP I bought years ago and tried this to no avail. Same goes for the iPhone I mentioned. It may work sometimes but it certainly isn't fool proof. My understanding is that even if it does work it may happen again.

15. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

ive literally had three 6s+ with abnormalities by signal bars.

first two turned into having a yellow blotch, the current one looks like a watery mark under the screen almost, and a cluster of dull lit pixels, with a dead one.

At least none of them are stuck or a yellow blotch (distracting when web browsing in landscape), RIDICULOUS!