iPhone 6(S)(+) My IPhone 6s vs newest IPad (not pro) for filming

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Hi guys

I like to film with my iPhone. From why I understand it’s 4k which is pretty good I think. Am I right in thinking that for filming, my iPhone is better than the newest iPhone?

The reason I ask is because I was going to buy the iPad for this but if my iPhone is better no point.

In addition, an correct me if I’m wrong, the 8 isn’t much better for this task compared to my 6s...?

jenag145

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2017
Hi guys

I like to film with my iPhone. From why I understand it’s 4k which is pretty good I think. Am I right in thinking that for filming, my iPhone is better than the newest iPhone?

The reason I ask is because I was going to buy the iPad for this but if my iPhone is better no point.

In addition, an correct me if I’m wrong, the 8 isn’t much better for this task compared to my 6s...?
I know my camera on my iPhone XS is amazing

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
Latest cameras are better than the 6S. I’m not too sure if you got confused between iPad and iPhone on your original post.

Caspavio

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2018
Hi guys

in general, yes. in any case, i dont think anyone should shoots with an ipad. you will look like an idiot

Reactions: FyerFyer

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Latest cameras are better than the 6S. I’m not too sure if you got confused between iPad and iPhone on your original post.
Thanks for your reply.

I’m comparing the newest IPad to my iPhone 6s. It seems the 6s is better for video but I’m not sure

Caspavio

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2018
Why? Because the viewfinder is better, or because people are small-minded and quick to judge?
maybe im quick to judge, but also because it is better if you use a gimbal, stabiliser or even a selfie-stick when shooting videos, and i have seen more than once things not ending well.

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
Thanks for your reply.

I’m comparing the newest IPad to my iPhone 6s. It seems the 6s is better for video but I’m not sure
An iPhone is always better than an iPad when it comes to shooting!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
Considering the new budget iPad has the iPhone 6 camera sensor which is a downgrade from the sensor you have in your 6s I’d say the iPad is going to have worse video performance/quality.

Reactions: FyerFyer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.