My iPhone came dented

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
I just opened the box to my new iPhone and there is a miniscule dent on the outer frame near the camera. Also, the lens seems to have dust underneath it. What do you think I should do, considering that if I return the phone I wont be able to get a new one for at least 2 weeks and that I have no backup phone?

5enohpi

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Philly/Vegas
I just opened the box to my new iPhone and there is a miniscule dent on the outer frame near the camera. Also, the lens seems to have dust underneath it. What do you think I should do, considering that if I return the phone I wont be able to get a new one for at least 2 weeks and that I have no backup phone?
Take it to apple they have replacements

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Call AppleCare and see if they'll cross-ship you a new phone, so you can use the old one until the new one arrives.

Or, as others have mentioned, make an online appointment for the Genius Bar, if you have an Apple Store nearby.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I'm the last to complain, but I had returned by original 5 not issue related.

Comparing the device I got today to what I had on launch. I do see my original had a defect under the glass.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
There is no extra charge for dents. Enjoy it, as you got a freebie dent you didn't have to pay for!

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Apple has spare stock that isn't for sale. Its purpose is to swap flawed units like yours.