My iPhone Clock Messed up Big Time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gator24765, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

So I am scheduled to work at 9:00 this morning. I have my alarm on my phone set for 8:00. My phone starts ringing and it is my work. I answer and my supervisor says where you at? What time are you supposed to work?

I said 9:00 and he said well it is 9:30. I said no it is only 7:30.. Great story right!

The real time is 9:40 right now but my iPhone says it is 7:40 .. WTF??

2. bsmith4832 macrumors regular

Settings > General > Date & Time.

Is the Time Zone wrong? Do you have it set to Auto?

But hell yeah, that sucks. :mad:

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

pretty sure this happened to me once. that... or i just didn't hear my alarm. but I woke up 20 min b4 I was supposed to be at work (30 minute drive)

4. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I have it set to auto but I have never had a problem with it..

2 hours ahead of me would be in the Ocean though lol.. no clue.

5. jutte64 macrumors regular

And this is why my $15 alarm clock is still sitting next to my bed! I do use the iPhone's alarm, but with all the issues I have seen the last few years I keep the alarm clock right there. Plus when waking up in the middle of the night its easier to just look up and see the time instead of fumbling with a phone to see the time.

I have it set 10 minutes after my iPhone is set to go off that way it works like a snooze and an emergency back up.

6. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I might have to go this route again. I have used my iphone as an alarm for a long time and never had a problem.

7. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I ended up buying a Sony DreamMachine, when the iPhone is docked it uses the iPhone's alarms as the main and it's own as secondary.

So on my iPhone I have my alarm set to 7am, then the alarm clock is set for 7:20. If I forget to dock my iPhone the alarm goes off at 7:20 and if I do dock it, they both go off.

You can also set it to use your music to wake you if you prefer that over the dreaded 'BEEP BEEP BEEP' that used to haunt me in the mornings using a conventional clock radio.