My iPhone is going bonkers! e.g. Speakers not working, volume controls don't work etc

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by d3n15l4n, May 6, 2010.

1. d3n15l4n macrumors newbie

Help! My iPhone is going bonkers after I dropped it into water today. Some of the problems are...

1. Speakers are not working, however if I plug in headphones it is okay.
    2. Volume controls and silent switch not working
    3. It thinks I have something connected-- shows "This accessory is not made..." occasionally
    4. Keeps thinking I have headphones plugged in (might explain number 1...)
    5. For a period of time, the volumes kept going up and down and the thing that pops up when you change the volume is stuck there!
    6. Occasionally just changes the volume anyhow
    7. And sometimes just get stuck with the pop-up with no change in volume
    8. The off button doesn't work most of the time, I can't lock my phone, turn off my phone or reset it.
    9.Occasionally vibrates for the silent switch although it is not switched at all.
    EDIT:Forgot to mention, occasionally when my phone's off button decides to work and i turn it off it cannot be turned on for a few minutes...
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I was using a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with software 3.1.2.

I would appreciate anyone's help and I apologize if there is another post about this...

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

And you're surprised it's not working properly! :eek:

Go to your local Apple store and get a new one. ;)

3. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

nevermind read it to quick water damage is savable.....depends on how wet it got....i would let it dry and then you will probably need a new headphone flex cable, new dock to say the least. its a small price to pay if your unlocked