My iPhone is not detected on iTunes while I am not in my house.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by evilmage, May 26, 2012.

1. evilmage macrumors newbie

evilmage

Hello

I am having this weird issue that is making me mad. :mad::mad:

While I am at any other area that is not my house (for example: Starbucks ) and I carry on my macbook with me, my iPhone 4s is not been recognized by iTunes:mad:. But, It is been detected it on iPhoto :eek:and no in iTunes:mad:. Please, advice:confused:

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Try deleting then reinstalling iTunes or just be sure it's up to date. Try other USB cables, too.

3. evilmage thread starter macrumors newbie

evilmage

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It might be the network. Large corporate networks don't always operate like home networks; they might be blocking certain ports, etc.

What if you try it at a friend's house (a small home network other than your own). Same problem?

5. evilmage thread starter macrumors newbie

evilmage

Yes, but I need to go to my school and other places with my computer. I need to be able to use it

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I didn't think to ask earlier, but iTunes can still recognize your iPhone when attached by cable, no matter where you are, right?

7. evilmage thread starter macrumors newbie

evilmage

only when I am in my house. I believe that it could an issue with the Wifi connection. I don't know

8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

So... If you're sitting in a Starbucks (or school) and connect your iPhone to yor MacBook with a cable, iTunes doesn't recognize it?

That is weird. :confused:

How do you usually sync at home? Cable, or Wifi? And what if you disable wifi sync (that is, if it's currently enabled).

9. evilmage thread starter macrumors newbie

evilmage

No.

if I am sitting in starbucks, it doesnt reconize it on itunes (only in iphoto).

I usually sync using wifi but sometimes I connect it using the USB. I am thinking on disable the wifi sync but that is an issue anyways. it very disappoint that I wont be able to use it . what is your suggestion?

10. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I would try disabling wifi sync for the time being, as a troubleshooting step.

But FIRST, at home, try this: disable wifi on your iPhone (or MacBook, or both) and connect the iPhone to your MacBook with the cable. Does the iPhone show up in iTunes? ...Maybe iTunes has been syncing via wifi even when you had it connected via USB.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's what he was telling you to do.
    I know it sounds ancient but use the little cable with usb on one side and 30 pin connection on the other.
    It will work, wifi sync on guest wifi networks probably have security and many port restrictions and that's the reason you cant wifi sync it.
    Use the wire:D

12. evilmage thread starter macrumors newbie

evilmage

Ok, I will disable the wifi sync before going to Starbucks to use USB connectivity. I will let you know if it works. :(