my iphone is stuck on recovery mode because of an error made in winscp

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by b4a1, May 5, 2009.

1. b4a1 macrumors newbie

Ok so I tried installing some apps free but before i did i had to go to winscp and change the permissions to something named mobile installation. When i did i messed it up and stayed in the apple logo but i later fixed it since the iphone loaded up through my pc. I idiotically tried it again and got my phone in recovery mode... is there anyway i can get it out of recovery mode? or is there anyway i can access the inside while it's in recovery mode? i know exactly how to fix the problem but just need access to the inside.

2. sako94 macrumors regular

3. b4a1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah mines a little different. i did have your same problem earlier today and fixed it but then retried install the program by ssh which kinda has me ****ed in restore mode.

4. doobi18 macrumors 6502

Once when I did something similar, I was able to log into the iPhone via SSH/SFTP while it was stuck on Apple Logo, revert whatever changes I did, reboot and everything was dandy!

Good luck, I hope it works out

//doobi18

5. b4a1 thread starter macrumors newbie

wow im pissed. i thought restore mode would atleast back up my stuff and i would get my contacts back atleast. there goes everything i've had for months down the drain just for trying to get some free apps. i guess i should've waited for a response longer.