my iPhone keeps brining my Macbook & External Display out of Sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MecPro, Nov 24, 2009.

1. MecPro macrumors 6502

Hi guys, I did search Mroogle to no avail..But anyways

If I shut my MBP, my external DELL 2005FPW goes to sleep, but if I take my iPhone out of the USB stand connected to the MBP, it comes out of sleep and all info (log in, etc) is shown on my external display nad I can't obviously make it go to sleep unless I log in, then sleep the machine

I'm not sure if there's a way to stop this from happening, but it's rather annoying :(

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Take your iPhone out of the dock before you put the computer to sleep.

because the laptop keep power to USB ports while asleep, it will "see" changes on the USB which will awaken it. Didn't find any references to preventing this.

The only suggestion I found was using a powered USB hub. You can disconnect the hub from the computer after syncing but the powered hub should still allow you to charge the iPhone without it being connected to the computer.

3. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

yep what he said ^^^^

if you have anything connected to your computer, don't take it out / unplug it after putting it to sleep....only do it before

another thing that could trigger your computer to waking up is the application Remote....if you open that up, it will wake up your computer