My iPhone Mockup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yeti89, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeti89 macrumors member

I posted these in the pictures threads but I thought latter that perhaps more people in the iPhone thread would be more interested. I wasn't sure how to just move the thread over so I thought I would post the pics again.

I was going for a brushed gun metal look. Let me know what you like and dislike. I am seeking to improve my design skills. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

3. stevemiller macrumors 65816

i still feel like a certain amount of bezel is needed both for practicality and aesthetic balance. i roughly mocked something up myself before the 4s came out.

[​IMG]

4. Duckit macrumors regular

Duckit

^ That is my dream phone! Great job!

5. Yeti89, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

Yeti89 thread starter macrumors member

Stevemiller, nice design! What program did you use? I am pretty new to all this and I used photoshop. I want to get more of a 3d affect and to also other angle views.

6. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Yeah this is perfect. Better than that other one you did. I'm curious too as to what you used to create these.

Great job!!

7. Yeti89 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, It is still not great or exactly what I had in mind but this was really my first attempt. I am using Photoshop CS5. I downloaded the trial version just three days ago. It has been lots of fun to figure things out. This is the first time I have used Photoshop and I can't help but feel there are better methods to accomplish the effects I want, both in Photoshop and other design programs. Do you have any recommendations?

8. sl33t macrumors regular

i don't like the look of a square/rectangular home button. i think it looks best and should be kept round.

9. hizzaah macrumors 6502

The mock ups look great guys! It'd be great to keep this thread going to see what people come up with..

10. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

great mockups. oh how I still wish the iPhone 5 came out rather then the 4S lol

11. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Even better is if Apple completely do away with an analog home button. You can do the same things with a touch home button.

12. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

13. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I don't want touch home button. I've once tried HTC - Awwwww...

14. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Thanks, and being limited to photoshop you've done a great job as well.

There are lots of 3d programs out there that you could try. I use blender 3d, which has the advantage of being open source and totally free. Although whatever software you choose, 3d often has something of a learning curve. There are lots of tutorials available though, I've even seen one on making an iPhone!

15. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Nice mockup, but on a related note: am I the only one that feels an edge to edge screen on a handheld device is a bad idea? I already get accidental "presses" with the palm of my hand (the area below my thumb) when I reach with my thumb. It happens rarely, but with an edge to edge screen, it would likely happen a lot more.

16. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

God I hope they get rid of the mechanical home button. I've had two different iPhones now where the button has gotten wonky over time. (One press registers two, two presses register one, etc.) I think it's just a fact of life for a button that gets used so much every day all day. They get dirty and worn out. I usually don't even keep my iPhone in my pocket--it mostly lives in a dedicated pouch in my backpack and I don't work around any dust or anything.

Other than that--I hope you're right. I love the design of the iPad 2 and I hope iPhone 5 is more along the lines of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.