My iPhoto 2 Pictures


iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
6,558
38
im taking a wild guess you got keynote off of carracho since you have iphoto as well.

iJon
 

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
1,203
67
don't be so narrowminded! the world of warez extends far beyond carracho :D
 

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
6,558
38
Originally posted by MacAztec


Exactly. Actually, I didn't download anything....

I love my brother :D
thats cool, i just assumed you did. I just get uptight about piracy because that is how i make my money in life. no hard feelings.

iJon
 

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
3,023
1
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by iJon

thats cool, i just assumed you did. I just get uptight about piracy because that is how i make my money in life. no hard feelings.

iJon
I dont really pirate. I will DL a program and try it out, and if I see that I will use it, and I like it, I will buy it.

Im not going to go blow 100 bucks so I can check out a program that I may or may not like.

Like the game Jedi Knight 2, I downloaded it. Then I realised I like it. Then I bought it.
 

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
6,558
38
Originally posted by MacAztec


I dont really pirate. I will DL a program and try it out, and if I see that I will use it, and I like it, I will buy it.

Im not going to go blow 100 bucks so I can check out a program that I may or may not like.

Like the game Jedi Knight 2, I downloaded it. Then I realised I like it. Then I bought it.
yeah your right, i guess really i dont understand that considering i get most software i want sent to me free, i understand what your getting at.

iJon
 

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
2,219
2
Austin, TX
notice the iPhoto pic is such a low quality pic, and the thumbnails are so small, so we can't get pictures of him, and put him on britney spears or something like that :D

Is that the final version of iPhoto?

I'm dying to get keynote, though...
 

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
3,023
1
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by G4scott
notice the iPhoto pic is such a low quality pic, and the thumbnails are so small, so we can't get pictures of him, and put him on britney spears or something like that :D

Is that the final version of iPhoto?

I'm dying to get keynote, though...
Hehe yes its the final build.

I wasn't thinking about a big pic of me. I dont think I will be showing one now though.
 

veedubdrew

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2002
172
0
Los Angeles, CA
Is iPhoto 2 any faster than the current version? I like the app quite a lot, but on my iMac it's terribly slow (I have about 2200 pics). Please please tell me it's at least a little faster!
 

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
1,203
67
yes, iphoto has some significant speed improvements that everyone will enjoy (my ibook 600 does ok) and i may begin to use it again...

i wanted to talk about piracy for a bit. on windows it is rampant but the market share is huge and if piracy were to magically stop dead i think the changes would be in favour of those other than the current victims of piracy.

on the mac, the story is a little different. in the days oy ye old, the one's in the know, the trader's would cite reasoning such as "the platform needs every penny they can get, just buy it" Today, we have grown and trading is quite common among certain groups. and i don't think apple, or the large companies suffer tragically from piracy.

what i worry about, are the small one-man developers. they suffer at the hands of 'surfer's serials' when really, these are the guys that make OS X a pleasure to work in. most of the sotware i use is independant and it is the lifeblood of OS X for the consumer.

pay for your shareware!!!
 

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
3,023
1
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by veedubdrew
Is iPhoto 2 any faster than the current version? I like the app quite a lot, but on my iMac it's terribly slow (I have about 2200 pics). Please please tell me it's at least a little faster!
Yes it is.
 

rugby

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
222
0
chicago
Originally posted by melchior
don't be so narrowminded! the world of warez extends far beyond carracho :D
**cough cough** Usenet **cough cough**

BTW, how can you pirate a free piece of software?