Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quenziebear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009

• Alright, so last night my ipod (12o G ipod classic) started freezing up. The screen was the only thing to freeze, though. Mid-scroll of a song title, or when switching the displayed information to change the rating - it didn't matter what was going on, it frequently would freeze the screen while the music kept playing.

I got fed up and tried to reset it, but for a solid ten minutes it was stuck on the reset screen and at some point after that I came back to it asking me what language it was supposed to be in & telling me that I had no music.

It was not plugged into a computer when it restored itself, and it is not acknowledged by my computer/itunes when I plug it in despite the screen on the ipod that tells me it is connected.

Whats going on and how do I fix it?? :(

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK

• It was not plugged into a computer when it restored itself, and it is not acknowledged by my computer/itunes when I plug it in despite the screen on the ipod that tells me it is connected.

Whats going on and how do I fix it?? :(

Does it show up in Disk Utility (if you have a mac?). If it does erase the disk, then it'll hopefully show up in iTunes and you'll be able to restore it.

If you can't get it to show up on Disk Utility/iTunes or if when you do manage to mount it it freezes whenever you try to erase/restore then it probably needs a new HD. Genius Bar if you've still got warranty . . .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.