My iPod seems busted- warranty options- help if you can please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pathfinder55, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

Just today my iPod just crashed. I wasn't doing anything weird with it, and it hasn't been jailbroken. After it crashed it just showed the Apple logo, like it would when it starts up... After waiting at least a half an hour, I tried holding the sleep and home buttons in... and it did not do anything.

So, I tried to plug it into my computer and it wouldn't show up. It was still showing the Apple logo. I have tried everything but I can't restore it until I get it to show up on my computer, it hasn't shown up yet. I have no idea what to do... I'm not sure if anyone knows anything that I don't, in my mind I have tried everything.

I did get a 3 year warranty through Best Buy for it though. And the Apple 1 year warranty still isn't up because I bought it on Oct. 22nd of last year. So could I sent it to Apple or go to one of their stores and see if I could get a new one?

Please help me in this iPod touch crisis. lol :rolleyes:

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Ummmm, I would just give Apple a call- they are the best with customer service in the industry. They should take care of you...maybe they can even fix it over the phone.

3. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, that seems like the best option right now...

4. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dose anyone else have any suggestions besides call Apple?

5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

You could have already had your problem diagnosed or even solved had you called the manufacturer about a problem with their product.

Call tech support and they will take you through the steps to see if it is in fact dead or needing something else.

Why are you hesitating to call Apple- they don't bite!:D

By the way, I am pretty sure the BB warranty won't take effect until the Apple runs outs.

Have you tried to reset the iPod following the directions at the bottom of this page?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320

(It says if resetting is not working be sure to put down on a table and follow more specific instructions)

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1382?viewlocale=en_US

If resetting doesn't work here are more detailed steps to take.

If you tried these two pages I imagine your only next step would be to call Apple!

6. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

7. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

What is that?

8. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know I'm going to their store today.

9. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

DFU mode is when you hold the home and sleep button for 10 seconds then let go of the sleep button and keep holding the home button until the ipod is recognized in itunes