My ipod touch stopped playing movies with the new update...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by inertialmacer, Nov 23, 2008.

1. inertialmacer macrumors newbie

I have a third party dock with audio/video outputs. The product is a dynex dock, and cables to connect to the television. Maybe this
    HTML:
    <a href="http://www.dynexproducts.com/p-430-dynex-docking-station-with-remote-for-apple-ipod.aspx">link</a>
    could explain what it is that I am talking about. Either way the remote has limited access, the volume doesn't work. It sucks, I think apple screws access for third party stuff in order to pay for their products.

Is there anything I can do? Is there a link somebody can give me to get back the 2.1 firmware - because most of the stuff I do with this, is play videos.

2. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Did it work just fine with 2.1 firmware?

3. inertialmacer thread starter macrumors newbie

the volume on the remote stopped working, as well as it having limited functionality with .mp4 movies and itunes movies... it is kind of frustrating...

4. inertialmacer thread starter macrumors newbie

it worked perfectly with the 2.1 firmware

5. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Apple has been locking out all other video out products except their own. It sucks, I know.