My iPod was working on an almost-full battery 40 minutes ago... Now it won't turn on.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Amplifyed, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Amplifyed macrumors newbie

I simply cannot find a solution to this, nor do I have any idea what just happened. I was using the Pandora app a little bit ago and shut my ipod off for a bit. Then, when I tried turning it back on, it didn't respond. I clicked every button on the ipod, held them down, plugged it into a charger, plugged it into the computer... It's not responding to ANYTHING. My computer didn't even notice my ipod was plugged in. I didn't drop it in water or anything, it was literally sitting on my couch for fourty minutes and I was right next to it... Absolutely nothing happened to it. It just stopped working out of the blue. I just got this iPod last April and it's got the newest OS and everything... I didn't Jailbreak it and it's never given me problems before. It's really very confusing. Could someone help me? :/

2. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

Which model? my 4th g did this to mee, but all i had to do was wait and when i tried again it turned on.

3. Amplifyed thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it's the 3G. I tried charging it again today, and at least now it's giving me something on the screen. It says it has incredibly low battery, even though yesterday it still had like 80% of its battery life left. It looks like it's working again, but it would still be nice to know what happened...

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

5. Amplifyed thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think that's it... I've got a charging station which I've used for a couple years now and it's always worked. I just used it to charge my ipod again, in fact. Another thing that's weird is that, even if I did charge it wrong, why did it work for the rest of the day? I hadn't charged it since that morning and it worked fine all day until it just turned off completely on me.

And again, that still doesn't explain why my computer didn't recognize the iPod at all. (I couldn't even find the device on my computer.)