Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Jerezanito

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Since yesterday I have a lot of problems playing movies from iTunes. I have 4 aptv 4k around my house And every time when I try to play a movies it takes like a minute to start playing After playing the picture looks really bad like DVD and is 4k content After a few minutes picture looks better but in some point lose the audio and Pause and start reload it again With the same issues picture looks bad and little by little start getting better loose audio and stop again. Also some time when I chose different movie it come whit a announcement saying (Have problem playing this Content) I was thinking it maybe need a new update and that’s what I did with one of them going to 13 to 13.2 and again the same problems I check my Wi-Fi connection and everything looks OK Netflix playing OK without any problems
Is just iTunes having this problems with my movie purchase at that point I did factory reset and the same Apple TV and the same problem .I that point I check the other tree Apple TVs and the same problem I contact Apple support because I’m thinking this is something from Apple not from my side and nobody have an answer for this problem they try to tell me as a Wi-Fi problem but again I check my wifi connection and everything looks OK Netflix Playing 4k Without any problem I don’t know what’s wrong Can someone help me to find what’s wrong with this if someone is having this same issue please or know what is the problem please reply ..thank you for read this post

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Have you done a speed test for your WiFi? Are you using 5ghz or 2.4ghz? To me, it sounds like WiFi interference from the 2.4ghz band.
Firstly, please report back on your broadband speed from your Apple TV using a speed test app.

Reactions: Jerezanito

Jerezanito

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Have you done a speed test for your WiFi? Are you using 5ghz or 2.4ghz? To me, it sounds like WiFi interference from the 2.4ghz band.
Firstly, please report back on your broadband speed from your Apple TV using a speed test app.
Thank you for comment I did the test 71mb speed from Comcast I already change between 2.4 and 5ghz and same issue I called again apple support we did all kind of things trying to fix the problem but same thing they going to call me tomorrow with a senior adviser from iTunes I believe this is a issue from Apple all my 4 aptv's having the same issue ....

IowaLynn

Contributor
Feb 22, 2015
Can you test one with a wired Ethernet connection? Also try from a Mac Catalina.

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Thank you for comment I did the test 71mb speed from Comcast I already change between 2.4 and 5ghz and same issue I called again apple support we did all kind of things trying to fix the problem but same thing they going to call me tomorrow with a senior adviser from iTunes I believe this is a issue from Apple all my 4 aptv's having the same issue ....

WOW how bizarre. Have you signed out of your Apple TVs and back in again with your Apple I.D. and password?

Have you tried playing them on a Mac or iPhone?

Is Quick Start accidentally turned off due to a software update?

71Mbps is super. Even when I had 50mbps fibre, the whole 4K iTunes experience was flawless.

Please keep us posted buddy.

Mavros

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I am experiencing a similar issue... Just before the TVos 13.2 update Xcode was reporting that I was receiving, and properly displaying, 4k iTunes streams. Come yesterday I was curious as to whether this was still the case as I had watched four episodes of the new TV+ shows with only minimal use of data. Upon checking with Xcode it reported my "Network Bandwidth" to be in the low single digits, along with peak and average video bitrate, and "Natural Size" not even reaching Full HD resulting in a choppy picture – this was also the case with two purchased 4k movies. Speed tests, both via the ATV and independant, showed that I was reaching normal speeds.

Weird thing is, when I was trouble shooting, I found that one episode of "See" would play in 4k, whilst reporting normal "Network Bandwidth" and proper 4k "Natural Size", whereas the other episodes/shows/movies wouldn't. Further, when turning off "Quick Start" the content would play in Full HD, as expected, with "Network Bandwidth" being as it should be. This tells me that it's not an issue with my network or ISP speed.

ATV is set it to 4K SDR with match frame rate and dynamic range on, as they always have been...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.