my kids want to watch on their tv

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trjwv, Apr 29, 2010.

1. trjwv macrumors regular

I have downloaded from itunes some Go Gabba Gabba shows. They do not want to watch on my MBP. Is there a way to burn to a DVD and play on their TV/DVD combo in their room?

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The shows downloaded from iTunes are encrypted so I don't think it's possible to convert them to DVD.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ He is right. It's just not possible to throw them on a DVD and watch them. It's rather unfortunate if you ask me.

4. trjwv thread starter macrumors regular

I suppose I could sync to my itouch, buy a cable from apple to hook the itouch to the tv and play. I think I can do this?
    Any suggestions?

5. tjh1124 macrumors newbie

Use a Screen Recording Program

You can use a screen recording program to do this. Play the video on your MBP and use the screen recording program to record it. Then burn the recorded movie to a DVD. I use the screen recording program ScreenFlow for this.

6. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

I have an old iPod 5G which my son sits and watches now and then. It can be plugged into a TV too and has 80GB capacity so works well. I rarely use it myself these days so it is full of his shows and favourite movies. I also have an AppleTV which is a cost effective way to deliver iTunes content to a regular TV although it takes some fiddling to get it to work with an older set but a cheap LCD would be fine.

I can't begin to explain what a joy it is to have so much kid's stuff available at the touch of a little white remote, not that he spends all his time in front of the set but it is great that he doesn't have to watch the commercial filled dreadful children's channels warping his brain but rather gets good stuff we would rather he watch.

7. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Alternatively, you could get an appleTV and sync YGG to it. But your kids' TV would need to be a newer TV (because the aTV's only output HDMI and component).

8. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

How about getting a cable to connect your MBP to the TV? You can get one from monoprice.com for less than $20. Great for watching streaming video too, like hulu or the networks.

Syncing with an iPod/iPhone and using the appropriate cable to the TV should work also.

Apple TV is the most elegant solution, which is what I do. Great for playing music there also.