My launch day experience..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eeko, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Eeko macrumors regular

I woke up at 6:30 AM (no staying up all night in line!), drove up to the mall, and found my way to the ATT store. They employees were there for a special 8:00 AM opening.

The guy I spoke with at the front door said they only had the space grey. I wanted the silver but my impulsiveness got the best of me.

By the time they had opened, there were about 5 other people. They said they had about thirty in total in stock. It was surprisingly painless. They even let me take it still sealed in the box!

The grey looks soooo much better in person. It's very elegant. Now I just need to wait for my screen protectors. At least I have The Windwaker HD to keep me busy.

2. carelesswhisper macrumors member

You're lucky they let you take it home still sealed in the box. I like opening things. At least I did get to peel off the plastic protectors from the front and back of the phone:p

3. Bigdawg4 macrumors regular

My experience was much the same. Woke up at 0630...drove to work and on the way I decided to look at my local att store as I drove by. To my suprise there were only about 10 people in line so I decided to stop and try my luck. Within about 20 minutes the employees came out and took a roll call of names and your desired iphone codel and size. I was in the first group they ushered in and within 10 min I was on the road to work with my new iphone in hand. They only had the gray which is what I wanted anyways so I was and am very pleased with the whole experience. Setting up the FP scanner was quick and painless. It is so much easier than I had envisioned it.

4. Eeko thread starter macrumors regular

I want to play with the touch ID so badly. Must resist temptation until the protectors come in.

5. nealric macrumors member

No drama here. Woke up at 8:00am. In line at 9:30, out by 11:00 with a 64gb.