My MAC AC adapter has a slight tear HOLE in the tubing... and I am worried...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ShootingStars, Dec 18, 2011.

1. ShootingStars macrumors member

that this will cause a safety issue. Would Apple replace this? I still have AppleCare.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

An Apple Store should replace that for free, pending that it isn't determined to be user caused.

3. visim91 macrumors 6502

Yes, they would.

I have seen neurotic individuals in uproar over professed problems, many of which tend to be ostensible exaggerations and, for some, magnifications of obsessive compulsive behavior; still, Apple tends to humor them.

Once, a man went on & on about his flickering Apple Cinema Display. He yelled over & over "See! Don't you see it?! It's flickering!". A fleeting audience, which included myself, had formed around the commotion, and we all silently agreed with standard looks of bemusement: there was no flickering. Needless to say, he had his display replaced almost immediately by an all-too understanding Apple employee.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

as others pointed out they would.
    My answer: yes they will give you a new one for free.

5. malman89 macrumors 68000

That program is specific to the "T" shaped adapters, but if you have a warranty and it's clearly not a dog bite or some ridiculously obvious user error, I would wager you'd be more than fine for a replacement.

Luckily I just replaced my "T" adapter last week due to the class action settlement that the quoted support page is based on. Free stuff out of warranty, woo!