My Mac is Storing Photos of My Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GreenEggs&Mac, Dec 22, 2012.

1. GreenEggs&Mac macrumors newbie

Today I downloaded a free trial version of software to recover photos i had accidentally deleted in trash.

When I did a Raw file search in my partition it came up with an influx of images of 'screenshots' during my macbook pro's use.

A sort of 'history of screenshots that seem to document its use entirely.

I find this very strange and was just wondering if anyone knows why these images exist.

Should i be worried?

Any reply is appreciated

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Are these real screenshots with all windows/icons on the desktop or just desktop pictures.
    I ask this because if you change your desktop often the cache of the old one will be deleted, lets say you change them weekly and over one year you already have 52 deleted cached Desktop pictures.

If these are real screenshots with Icons and windows on it there is something fishy going on, or you hit the screenshot shortcut without your knowledge, but then they should stay in the System.

3. GreenEggs&Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi thanks for the reply. they are screenshots of everything including windows/icons/webpages/word docs etc. they are listed as jpgs that can be recovered. i doubt im accidentally taking screenshots unless theres other commands not including appleshiftf4/f5 etc. ive just done an erase free space using disk utility and i will check to see if any new screenshots appear.

4. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

Hi, can you check, how regularly these screenshots have been made? Are you typically using a specific program when they are created (could they be related to some assumed software specific keyboard shortcut). Are any recent, can you use the console to find a trace?

Also check the activity monitor (all processes), is something running which (when googled) seems fishy? If so, post back.

RGDS,

5. MikieMcBikie macrumors regular

a friend of mine once installed a screenshot capture program on her husband's computer to see what he was up too...

lol

6. lightz39 macrumors regular

You don't think this is part of "send information to apple" do you?

7. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Screenshots are not included in reports sent to Apple, if that was the case it would be fishy don't you think.

It might be a certain screen Capture Software, maybe the spouse as the other one mentioned.:eek:

8. lightz39 macrumors regular

Hopefully non of your adult content was captured. LOL :cool: