My macbook is coming on friday, i have a few questions?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by olliestockton, Apr 5, 2008.

1. olliestockton macrumors member

My macbook is going to be delivered on friday, i'm really excited, i have a few questions and will be very greatful if you could reply...

1. Do stains actually show after a while on the white macbooks?
    2. I am getting just a macbook, is there anything else i should get?
    3. Does the load up video with the welcomes come up every time?

But i always have loads of questions, if anyone wants to be helpful also by adding me to msn, then i could ask you to save me posting here and anoying everyone - oliverstockton@hotmail.co.uk

thanks

Edit - I also have yahoo and aim if you would prefer to message on that...

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

1. Some dark handspot stains may happen after some time, but easy cleanable.
    2. once you get the machine I would say get a mouse, trackpads aren't always the most convenient.
    3. The Welcome screen only comes up the very first time. After that never again.

3. olliestockton thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply i appreciate it, i can't wait for my new macboook!

4. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

i have been using a mouse all my life, is a mouse for the macbook needed? whats wrong with the track pad?

5. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

for extra things to buy:
    - a mouse is a really good thing to get, I'm not a fan of trackpads
    - a case if you plan on carrying it or travelling with it
    - maybe an extra magsafe charger to keep in your case and keep on plugged in
    - and maybe an external hard drive for time machine, since you are getting a macbook you should look into getting a time capsule

6. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I have always used a mouse and napkin for all my laptops... HP, Compaq, MBP or my new MB... fingers only touch the keys.

7. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

I leave my MB on my griffin elevator and use a separate keyboard and mouse. the only time I use the keyboard on the MB and the trackpad is when I travel with it.

8. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

oh i have a silicon key board and like covers where my palms rest and my fingers only touch the track pad and i got my cover for like 8$ on ebay from hong kong and came to canada in like a week :eek: thats fast

9. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

I'm going to go the other way and say a mouse isn't necessary. I love the MacBook's trackpad. Other than the MacBook Air's, it's the best I've ever used. I always had to use a mouse with my Windows laptops, but I've never once connected one to my MacBook.

As for stains? No, not really. Nothing that doesn't come off easily. A quick wipe of a cloth with some Windex on it or something should take care of any stains that get on it. The only real enemy, I'd say, is scratches, but those only show up in the wrong lighting. I've had my MacBook for a year and it still looks pretty great. Could probably use another wipe-down about now, though...

10. TH-Gunner macrumors regular

The white MBs seem to keep cleaner than the black ones... my black MB has permanent fingerprints. A shame, really. It's not all that bad, though, I suppose.

One note: keep your charger's ends STRAIGHT. If you go on Apple's site, you'll read nothing but complaints about the MagSafe adapter failing. I have mine taped up at the ends to reduce bending. Never use the prongs on the adapter to wrap up the cord. Mine has held up for 10 months now. I've taken it out of the house like twice lol