My MacBook is hurting my eyes... and I don't know why.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mjmar, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I'm not sure what it is. I'm coming from a 15" notebook, but I don't think that the physical size is the problem. Is it possible that the more dense resolution is what's causing it? A lot of times after using the MacBook my eyes just randomly blur out. It's getting pretty annoying. Sometimes when I look at it it's too bright, but it's on the lowest brightness setting. :confused: If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

2. MVApple macrumors 6502a

your eyes randomly blur out?

Are you sure what you're experiencing isn't eye strain? After reading a book or being on the computer for a long time my eyes get tired and things start to look blurry, this is normal and is called eye strain.

My eyes don't "randomly" get blurry though.

It is possible that the lower pixel pitch of the macbook strains your eyes out a little faster, that's assuming your coming from a 15" notebook that doesn't have a high resolution though.

The part about the display on its lowest setting being too bright is strange though. Are you using the notebook with no lights turned on around you?

It's possible the problem isn't with your macbook but that you need to see an optamologist. The problem starting when you got the macbook may just be a coincidence and totally unrelated.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It's eye strain, don't look at the screen for so long. and also distance yourself from the screen, don't like be a foot away from it. keep a nice distance.

4. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

try calibrating the screen until you find something you like.