My MacBook Pro Adapter PRONG Got Damaged; Where Can I Purchase on the Cheap? (PIX)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, Sep 7, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Guys, I normally charge my MBP, not using the long cable that originally came in the box.

Rather, I've been using the brick and somewhat embarrassingly when moving the couch around, I banged the white power brick and the prongs themselves got damaged.

Not wanting to pay full retail price for a power brick, I'm simply wanting to purchase the little U.S. adapter on the cheap.

Any guidance is genuinely appreciated, sincerely.

I'll welcome any avenues; eBay, Craigslist...just not back-alleys. :eek::apple:

Attached Files:

2. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

There 5 euro at my local apple store

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

My goodness, I failed to ask my Apple store earlier today whnen they replaced my battery. I just found a replacement via eBay for like $2. Nevertheless, I sincerely appreciate your advice.

Truth be told, I guess i'll have to go back to my local Apple store and ask them their price here in the States for a replacement.

4. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I buy them because I buy here on base and get 120 plugs but need 220 for obvious reasons

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Mmm, Well I've just purchased the eBay version that;s shipped from China.

On one side, I was just living in China so may be able to relate to the charging times, though on the other hand may find it necessary to purchase it directly from an Apple store.

Thank you!

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Plugs are not rated for a voltage. A US receptacle plug can be used in a 220V receptacle if it is the right shape, just like a European plug can be used in a US 120V receptacle if it is the proper shape.

7. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

you are correct, but there not the right shape.