My Macbook shipped with Purolator and no change in tracking info

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rugox, Oct 20, 2008.

1. rugox macrumors regular

Hi,

Ordered my new aluminum macbook on Friday last week. The tracking info hasn't changed from "In Transit in U.S. via U.S.A. GROUND LINEHAUL depot". Apple's order status page says it delivers by 21st, which is tomorrow. From the tracking info, it seems the notebook is still in US and I'm wondering how it will be delivered by tomorrow. Also, does anyone know the time when Purolator usually makes their delivery? For Fedex I found them to deliver around 11 AM.

2. vtxdig macrumors member

vtxdig

same here

Nothing is changing on the tracking, actually mine does not even show up.

3. rugox thread starter macrumors regular

Mine didn't show tracking info for the first day they shipped it. And then it displayed a the In transit US LINEHAUL message since then. This is a crappy tracking system Purolator has really. I heard about this and was hoping they wouldn't ship it with Purolator...

Come on, there must be someone here who got their macbook shipped with Purolator?

4. harrisoncache macrumors newbie

5. vtxdig macrumors member

vtxdig

OK, this sounds stupid but you have to enter the letter that are in caps in lower case. This worked for me. I should get mine today!! Can't wait.

6. rugox thread starter macrumors regular

Oh wow, you are right, I entered it lower case and it actually shows something rather than displaying call this number to track. But it is still in transit in us vis us linehaul wtf...

7. Aztec macrumors regular

I also ordered mine from Purolator and it came in time. The Apple store said it would arrive on the 17th, and sure enough, I had it in my hands at around 11:30 AM. Same thing as you, it was still in transit for the longest time until delivery day. Then it just said ''In truck for delivery''. The tracking system kinda sucks. But you should get it in time, like I did.

EDIT: Oh, we are the 21st....then I don't really know...

8. Matty0500 macrumors newbie

Same deal here, i ordered it on the 14th and it arrived one the 17th, although the tracking info wasn't updated until after it was delivered. Don't worry about it, their tracking system really sucks, but they're usually on time.

9. rugox thread starter macrumors regular

Apple says it delivers by 21st but it wasn't delivered today. The tracking info did change though and it now says, "Shipment In Transit via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot" I'm guessing it is on its way to Montreal(where I live)? If so, it should deliver by tomorrow right?

vtxdig, did you get yours?

10. yourdream macrumors regular

2008/10/21 21:01 Shipment In Transit via MOUNT HOPE, ON depot
    2008/10/21 16:32 Left via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/21 16:26 Shipment In Transit via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/21 03:13 Shipment In Transit via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/21 03:12 Picked up by Purolator via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/20 08:30 In Transit in U.S. via U.S.A. GROUND LINEHAUL depot

11. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

sup mount hope buddy :cool: mine just went through there, arrived in BC today, should get to my place tomorrow

12. yourdream macrumors regular

It is shipping very slowly and I paid $13 for expedited shipping too.

13. rugox thread starter macrumors regular

That's not that slow if yours was shipped on the 20th. I chose Standard shipping and it's been in transit in US since the 18th until today morning. However, if mine arrives tomorrow, then I don't really see the point in paying 13 dollars for expedited shipping..

14. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

2008/10/21 10:45 Shipment In Transit via NANAIMO, BC depot
    2008/10/20 21:23 Shipment In Transit via MOUNT HOPE, ON depot
    2008/10/20 16:07 Left via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/20 15:59 Shipment In Transit via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/20 15:58 Picked up by Purolator via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/18 03:59 Shipment In Transit via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/18 03:55 Shipment In Transit via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/18 03:54 Picked up by Purolator via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
    2008/10/17 08:30 In Transit in U.S. via U.S.A. GROUND LINEHAUL depot

15. yourdream macrumors regular

The email said it will deliver by October 24.

16. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Well it's only the 21st right now, so I don't see the problem ...?

17. yourdream macrumors regular

Yes but it is shipping very slowly. Definitely not worth the $13.

18. yourdream macrumors regular

Ok. Nevermind. That was fast.

2008/10/22 07:28 On vehicle for delivery via VANCOUVER, BC depot
    2008/10/22 05:41 Shipment In Transit via VANCOUVER, BC depot

19. rugox thread starter macrumors regular

I just received my macbook this morning. I didn't pay for expedited and chose standard shipping. I'm never selecting expedited when I purchase from the online apple store since the delivery time doesn't really differ much.

20. danaco macrumors newbie

Different shipping service options...

The thing is expited shipping is still ground and usually takes the exact amount of time the only difference is it is kinda guaranteed by a certain day where the other one is not, but still gets there at the same time usually.
    If you want faster shipping than normal you would want to pay for a "express shipping method".
    I do a lot of shipping and in 99% of the time expited shipping is the same amount of time maybe one day longer in some cases than normal shipping, the only difference is expited usually cost way more sometimes double and it comes with a tracking # and insurance of a certain amount rather than just one or the other.
    95% of the time the expited shipping is not worth the cost, if you are gonna pay more pay for express shipping which is air in most cases but cost more than both. Also Expited usually can give you a signature and such to make sure you picked it up and not someone else which most company's will pay the extra money fro that anyway because they do not wanna lose items to dishonest people and don't have to sign or show ID for products.
    It can also depend on the shipping company you use but most are the same...
    Anyway have a good one guys and gl with your new Mac's
    Dana

P.S. Oh yeah the delivery would depend where about you live on the shipping company's route like if puralator delivers it to you around 11am well your on/about that time of the route and depends on how much they are delivering that day. No one can say for sure what time of day one company will get there compared to another Unless it is time sensitive and you paid for express 1 day shipping... because every day is usually different and routes change somewhat day to day depending on where items are going and how long it takes people to answer doors and such.

Have a good one guys