My Macbook will not log me in.... I need my files

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tnico, Aug 21, 2011.

1. tnico macrumors newbie

I have the Macbook Pro.

I have been having issues with this laptop for quite some time. At first, I kept getting that Blue screen of death (so they call it). So i decided to put in my Install CD and reboot my computer....

Then my keyboard stopped working.... then it decided to work...

Now I am stuck at the log in screen. I cannot seem to log into my account. I type in my password, then it signs in for two seconds and goes back to log in...

I have tried almost everything (nearly everything)... like the safe boot, the command+v, and tried doing the PRAM.... but could not hear the second chime...

I really am wondering if I should buy a new laptop.... and put this "broken" one in that T MODE... would I be able to grab everything then???

I did not use time machine (which I regret)..... I have about 215 G worth of crap I want...

Thanks Much

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sounds like you're incurring some sort of hardware failure and your only option is to hook up your internal hard drive to another computer in the hopes that you can retrieve your data.

You already mentioned you failed to have a Time Machine backup, perhaps this can be a learning experience and in the future you'll maintain backups.

Sorry to hear about your mac's problems though :(

The next step is probably take it to an apple store for them to look at it and help discern what your options are.

3. tnico thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i am bummed im trying to get ahold of another Macbook so that I try that and possibly the T-Mode... I sure hope it works...

I was going to purchase a new Macbook, but now I think I will wait for a new one to come out....blah

bummer...

Thanks much for your suggestion.

4. neenja macrumors 6502

does your hdd make any weird noises? have you tried adjusting your ram? remove them and put it back in.

what was the last thing you installed before having the issues?

5. S7A2G6 macrumors member

S7A2G6

Log into single user, and turn on the welcome file. Create a new account, go into users and change the password to your original account. log in and get all your files, then take the MBP to get checked out.