My MacBook won't connect to my home WiFi network..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NicoletteXIV, Dec 9, 2010.

1. NicoletteXIV macrumors newbie

My MacBook, circa 2007, refuses to connect to my home WiFi network, despite having added my MAC address, being WPA encrypted, updated firmware and the like. I haven't had a problem in the last year, until I started taking my laptop to work. It connects to my work wifi network, WPA encryption, and every other network. I have no idea why it wont connect at home. I'm running snow leopard, other macs and PCs at home can connect... It seems I'm missing some odd quirk, I've seen a few threads of similar complaints, but no working resolution. Any ideas? I've wiped out Safari, cleaned all network settings, and it all started once my use shifted predominantly from home to work. Hmpf.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

On your home network, try setting your ip to a static ip address, if you haven't already.

Also, if your ip is already set to static, then make sure it's in the same subnet as your home router.

192.168.1.10 (where 1 is the subnet), if you for some reason have your home network setup with different ip settings

10.21.32.10, or 192.168.0.1, then the difference would cause you to have issues connecting.

Without a little more info on your work's network setup, configuration in your mac when connected (screenshots do wonders), and the same when youa re attempting to connect at home, then it's hard to trouble shoot the issue.