My mail settings are gone!! Where did they go and how to I get them back?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Wilk45, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Wilk45 macrumors newbie

I just got an iPhone 4 and the first thing I did was jailbreak it. Everything seems to be working fine, but "mail" has simply vanished from settings. Everything else seems to be there...Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Notifications, Sounds, Brightness, Wallpaper, General, Phone, Messages, iPod, Store, then a long list of app settings. The mail Icon is on my springboard, but when I open it I am prompted to go to "mail settings" to set up my account. Here in lies the problem...the frickin mail settings are not where they used to be. Am I just overlooking something really simple, or did the jailbreak screw something up? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Solange82200 macrumors regular

Right under General settings, there will be a bar that says Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. If you dont have that, I suggest you do a clean restore, dont restore from a backup, and check to see that its there before jailbreaking. If it isnt, you may just have to take it to apple

3. strodda macrumors regular

Go into sbsettings, mobile substrate addons, and then turn "libhide" off.

If that works, it might be cause you have categories installed, like I do. When you put an app in cstegories, it "hides" the app from the springboard. Which is why the options disappear from the settings menu.