My MBA showed 19 HOURS of BATTERY!!!! (PROOF)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by houssein31, Nov 15, 2013.

1. houssein31 macrumors regular

So yesterday I just casually decided to charge my laptop to 100% (usually I dont have the time to charge it) and today it showed 18:57 hours!!!!!!!!!

to prove it I put a PICTURE BELOW

I never heard or saw anybody with that much power in a laptop ever!!! Does anyone know what was the most power a MBA can have? I dont know if the mac could actually have lasted me 19 hours but still I was so surprised

I just wanted to share this with people who actually cared :)

Btw if any were wondering, I had only page open (with wifi and bluetooth turned off)

[​IMG]

----------

http:///Users/Houssein/Desktop/IMG_0594.JPG
    /Users/Houssein/Desktop/IMG_0595.JPG

2. rillrill macrumors 6502

rillrill

how long have you owned this devices........?

3. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

I think this happens to a lot of people. If you charge the MBA to 100%, turn brightness all the way down to about 2 clicks, turn off the keyboard backlight, and open up just a Word document (or something else not processor-intensive), you'll see the MBA reporting a large battery life. I saw "20:00 remaining" when I tried it sometime ago.

While I don't think many people have tested whether it really lasts that long, basically, the thing to notice is that the "time remaining" displayed on your Mac represents the Mac's battery remaining in that condition. Open up another webpage or app, and the remaining time changes to account for additional processing power being used.

That number simply reflects how much of a strain is on the MacBook's processor *at that point in time*, and how that strain is affecting your battery life *at that point in time*.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The other day, I was able to adjust my miter saw to 0.001 an inch tolerance. I win. :D

Then 3 days later it went back all by itself to a more real life 0.05" error. The same thing is gonna happen to that battery.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The "time remaining" indication is an ever-changing estimate, based on the current workload of your system. It will fluctuate up and down from minute to minute as your power demands change. It is not perfectly accurate, but only an estimate. The only true measure of battery life is to fully charge your battery, then measure the time while you run on battery under your normal workload until your Mac shuts down/sleeps from the battery being drained. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

6. teffers macrumors regular

My day isn't complete until I see your post GGJ :D

@ OP - it's a very common reading - like has been said, it just means the system doesn't have enough usage data to generate a realistic (and ever changing) remaining time.