My MBP just deleted all of my folders?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by helloimD4NNY, Jul 15, 2011.

1. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

All of my folders that i've created on my desktop just went into one folder when I tried to open that folder my FCPX opened up. I then quit FCPX and that folder on my desktop was gone along with every folder that i've ever created. Spotlight can't find it either. Any ideas? :confused:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I find it strange that LaunchServices would want to open a folder in FCPX. Do you happen to have a backup around?

3. helloimD4NNY thread starter macrumors regular

No backups. :/ Because of this I might go buy a external hard drive to make time machine backups. |:

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well yeah, I mean apple has given us an extremely easy mechinism to back up our data. There's too many threads about losing data and not having a back up.

Heck, I back up my data on multiple drives, and one of those is kept off site. A backup doesn't help me if I'm robbed or there's a fire.

5. irishrg macrumors newbie

I have also had a folder that was on my desktop disappear!

When i first noticed that it was gone i thought i must have accidentally deleted it, but after looking in the trash it wasn't there either and the trash hadn't been emptied in over a week. I was able to recover the folder and its contents from my time machine backup, but its a very worrying bug maybe!! :confused: