My mission to get a 32GB Silver 5S Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newwenha, Sep 21, 2013.

1. newwenha macrumors newbie

Launch Day - I went to a bunch of different stores. Some had the 16GB Space Grey in stock but that was it, no other storage configurations. I tried Target and they did not get any except for the 16GB Space Grey. Their reservation policy didn't necessarily fail but it did not work because they did not get the silver iPhone on launch day. Radioshack and VZW stores were a no go, same for Walmart. I went to Apple at like 10AM and there was still a line. Surprisingly, one guy came out and said they had just received a shipment (This is at the Tyson's Corner Apple Store, the first one in the world). Unfortunately, they only had gotten shipments of 16GB and 32GB AT&T Silver iPhone 5S, just my luck. I went home

September 21st - Woke up at around 7:30. Decided to check my Target because the mobile guy comes in at 8AM as well, no new inventory. He said they "might" get some later but he doesn't bet on it. They had 16GB Space Grey still though for all carriers. Went to the Apple store in Tyson's Corner again at around 8AM (Store doesn't open till 10AM). There was a long line again and when they came out, they said that there were no silver or gold iPhone 5S's in stock. When they finally got to me (around mid line), they said they only had Sprint phones in stock. I stuck around to see if they got a shipment for about 5 hours, they did. However, it was only Sprint phones again and only in space grey. I went home, called a bunch of different Best Buy's to try my luck. One Best Buy guy told me that there was one that was about 20 miles away that had them....and he even told me the number (he's not supposed to do this). They had 2 iPhone 5S Silver 32GB. The drive there was long because there was mad traffic. When I got to the Best Buy, there were about 3 people ahead of me and I was like "Well, these people are probably here for iPhone 5S, wasted my time again". First lady wanted an HTC One...second person wanted an iPhone for AT&T and third person wanted an iPhone for AT&T...Then came me, I was talking pretty fast to her and was saying that I called earlier and she remembered me. She goes in the back and pulls out the 5S, she said I was very lucky because this was the last one. Paid for it, I was out within 15 minutes.

2. wxman2003 Suspended

I set my alarm for 155 am CDT Friday morning. Logged on to Verizon, placed my order for a silver 32 GB model at 201 am. Went back to bed. Will be delivered Wednesday or Thursday.

3. Blau macrumors member

Quite the adventure. Enjoy your new phone! I hope mine ships by next week.

4. apple111115 macrumors regular

Interesting story to read! I, too, picked up my phone from a Best Buy location when Apple only had Sprint phones. :) (And all the AT&T's were out).

I have the 16 GB Space Gray for AT&T.

5. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

congrats enjoy!

I should share my story, I may..

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Does your story involve potatoes and a shoehorn?

8. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

OP must have time to burn. Wait a week and you can pick up an iPhone in 10 minutes.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

mine involves a diet coke, lost final episode and my macbook:cool: