My mobile phone has been stolen, the cost hurts, but what bothers me most is the family media on it.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Appletise, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Appletise macrumors member

My yahoo, gmail and youtube were all logged in.. can l just logout remotely, by logging out in my computer? so they remain unaccessible?

2. Robotchilli macrumors newbie

Robotchilli

Is your phone passworded, fingerprint set up etc? Also have you set up 2 step verification? If so this could provide some comfort that no one can access the contents of your phone?

3. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Care to share with us, what phone, IOS, is pass code enabled, Touch ID on...........would help, you know :)

4. MedRed macrumors member

MedRed

log into icloud.com. If "find my iPhone" is enabled on your phone, you can go to the "Find my iPhone" app in icloud to find your phone, put it in lost mode, and/or erase it remotely. If photo stream is enabled on your phone, all of your photos and videos that you've taken will be backed up on the cloud as well. When you get a new phone, you can restore everything from the cloud.

5. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

As a first step, log into your computer and change your yahoo, gmail and YouTube passwords.

6. Appletise thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for reply all, it is my android phone, which l only used for continuous audio read back, a feature iphones don't have l believe, and it had no pw protection :( do l just change my pw's or logout from my mbpr?

7. mi7chy, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  8. Appletise thread starter macrumors member

l have locked it, but it cannot be located, l guess it is switched off. there was no password set, but l set one via the webiste thanks to you. but this pw protection can just be overcome by reseting the whole phone and sold on, right?
    sorry for sounding so ignorant, but what if this happens with my iphone or if l can't find it in the house, can l locate it by making it ring? how? thanks

9. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

Thieves should have their hand cut off.