iPhone My mom is unable to download OTA on her Iphone 5.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Jacoblee23, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I downloaded no problem on my iphone 5, but when she tries to download it says IOS6 (which I find odd), and says in order to download update that she has to connect to itunes. I have tried to reset her iphone, but it still will not work. Any ideas?

2. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Apparently, the iPhone 5 shipped with a firmware version that was unable to update via wifi. Just update her phone through iTunes this time and each subsequent update she will be able to update OTA.

3. jshadow macrumors newbie

6.0.1 fixes that bug which won't allow over the air update. I had to connect to iTunes to update to 6.0.1

4. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My iphone 5 downloaded the downloader just fine, and then downloaded the update. I don't know why hers isn't working.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Because hers is an older made iPhone 5. Just use iTunes this time & after that she will be able to do any OTA update. Hell, that was the main reason 6.01 was out, to fix this.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Actually, one of the main reasons Apple pushed out 6.0.1 so fast was to close the webkit bug which could result in remote vulnerability.
    And of course the few early issues they decided to attempt to fix.

7. HMI macrumors 6502a

HMI

Nice pineapple, buddy!