Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XxRockstarxX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Hello
So my sister tried helping my mom out and tried to sync music onto my mom's iphone. Later on when my mom goes to check on the iPhone that my sister is synching, the iphone is now a clone of my dad's iphone. (same contacts, same apps, same name in the devices tab) This is the first time that my mom has plugged in her iphone to a computer (so I dont think it backed up anything) and my sister doesn't remember what she clicked in itunes when she synced the iphone, so we dont know the cause of this -_-. So is there any way to get the contacts back?
Thanks!

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
Hello
So my sister tried helping my mom out and tried to sync music onto my mom's iphone. Later on when my mom goes to check on the iPhone that my sister is synching, the iphone is now a clone of my dad's iphone. (same contacts, same apps, same name in the devices tab) This is the first time that my mom has plugged in her iphone to a computer (so I dont think it backed up anything) and my sister doesn't remember what she clicked in itunes when she synced the iphone, so we dont know the cause of this -_-. So is there any way to get the contacts back?
Thanks!

Short answer: no.

Some possible other solutions... Is there another phone with the contacts, like her old phone? Does she use an online contact database, like Gmail's contacts, that are wirelessly synced to the phone? Check iTunes to see if maybe her phone was backed up before it was synced as the wrong phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.