All iPads My mother has seen the light of iPad casual gaming

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kylera, Jan 20, 2013.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

I'm currently on a train trip home with my mom, and halfway through the trip, she asked me if I could let her play a game on my iPad. That was the first time ever she made such a request.

I fired up Angry Birds Rio...and I don't think I've seen her this animated before. She's swiping in huge gestures, smiling and swearing at the same time. It's endearing and amusing to watch.

Anyone else would like to share similar stories?

2. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

My Mom always loved card games on her PC, so we loaded her iPad with several when she got it 2 years ago. Showed her some other games, namely Angry Birds - she said it was stupid, but I left it on her iPad anyway. about a month later she decided to try it... And then couldn't put it down. She has completely DESTROYED (3 stars on everything) the original, Seasons, Rio, and Space. I haven't hooked her up with Star Wars yet lol, and she didn't like Bad Piggies lol. :)

3. Bear macrumors G3

4. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

She actually has a hand-me-down iPad 2 right now, which she uses to keep track of her stock market investments and learn English.

She hasn't always been a techie type of person, so the first time she pinch-zoomed into a webpage or swiped from window to window, her jaw was agape. I am pretty much letting her set the pace over how she wants to use the iPad, so she doesn't get overwhelmed.

5. dancj macrumors 6502

My mother in law is heavily addicted to Plants vs Zombies. She's done everything there is to do on her own profile so now she's set up another profile under her cat's names and started again.