My new 30" Apple Monitor...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TJunkers, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

I finally did it... I have drooled over these since day one, and finally went through with it. I know a 30" update is probably on the way, but with apple's recent trend of all glossy displays (short of the 17" MBP) I bought this. I had a 24" iMac and hated it when I used it for design because my eyes hurt badly in about 20 minutes. Now I can design for hours and my eyes are great!

Also I went with Apple's display over dell's, hp's or samsungs because it is beautiful and there isnt a big enough difference for what I do to make it worth it. Yes price difference is there, but this beast is simply beautiful.

Here's some Unboxing Pics: Click Here

I am using this with my 15" MBP Unibody and it works great. Once every two hours the screen may flicker for a millisecond but besides that millisecond it works perfect!

As for the pictures... The piece of bread is my wrist pad... It looks so damn real, but works great!

2. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

Congrats man on the new gear.

that set up looks really great, you have a really cool set up!

my 30" and MBP flicker as well for that fraction of a second too every once and a while.

enjoy the new set up :)

3. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Wow, I'm jealous. Congratz on the purchase, it looks awesome.

Btw, that looks HUGE in your hand. And lovin the Dwight. :D

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

5. skyline r34 macrumors 6502

skyline r34

Looks incredible, makes me want to buy it now but waiting for the new LED 30 inch Cinema and the ATi 4870 with mini display-port (7 week delay) to be released before I purchase my display but anyways, thanks for sharing your photos.

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

The 30" is the most beautiful ACD. Its depth to screen size was (still may be) revolutionary in industrial design.

*Guess you get updated boxes now-a-days.

7. iisarenotnobody macrumors member

Congrats! how is the Dual Link Adapter? Have you gotten most of the issues that have been reported? Distortion?

8. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

That's one sweet set up you have there. Have you mapped your tablet to the screen size yet? Thought I'd ask cause you may need to improve that shoulder technique with your new baby :D

9. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Wow looks great! I love the laptop stand. I have that same stand, but it doesn't match as well as yours. I have a Dell SP2309W. ENJOY!!!

That's what she said

10. TJunkers thread starter macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

haha nice...

As for the display adapter... I havent had any issues that they are talking about. Which I am proud to say! I read all those reviews and figured I'd have the same issues, but mine, so far, is working great!

11. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

12. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

That's awesome dude.

I'm looking for an ACD myself (or an iMac, but I'm a little tight on money.) I'm thinking of getting the 20 or 23 I just need to find a good deal. Congrats. :)

13. iJeremy macrumors member

iJeremy

Very nice! And where did you get that awesome laptop stand? Who makes it?

14. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

15. brendon2020 macrumors 6502

looks really good, i've been thinking of getting a 30 acd (have a dell 24 which is great).

16. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

What is that in the back left keeping the bobblehead company?

17. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

welcome to the club!!! I'm sure you're gonna be itching for more pixels in a few months

18. durruti macrumors regular

durruti

19. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

20. blackbudget macrumors newbie

grit

i'm in design as well and i had to send back my 30" because I couldn't work on it. There was a graininess to the display that I couldn't ignore.

I went to the Apple store to make sure it wasn't just my display with the issue. It wasn't so I sent it back and am still using my acrylic acd that has issues of it's own. While I was at the store, I messed around with the LED and it is the nicest display i've ever seen. it is sharper and brighter than the 23". kinda lame i can't connect it to my mac pro. i'm still looking for a display, playing the waiting game. i am considering finding a 23" aluminum acd. i have one of those at work, right next to a 20" acd.

21. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

im totally jealous, ive got a dell 2408-wfp which is their best 24" with a PVA panel, looks absolutely amazing.

i know a guy with 4 of the 30" displays running off a mac pro! hes got too much money though.

i think apple should start giving people some more connectivity on their monitors, if they had DVI, HDMI and mini-displayport then they would open their monitors up to the pc user market aswell. the dell monitors have a buckload of connectors and all of them are useful to me apart from vga.