my new avatar!

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
cool hopefully it comes out soon.
BTW- replies like this are good to boost your post count :) what is it with this system not supporting :\ or :/ hmm whatever
BTW2- Remember this site All Your Base Are Belong to us
spuncan slaps spuncan around with a big trout

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Um............

Uh, yeah.......whatever. heheh.:rolleyes:

(mischief pats spuncan on the back, affixing a small Orbital Pie Targeting Tracker)

Yeah...um, I'll be in the next room..........stay right there.:D

(Exit stage left):eek: (ba-zing!)

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
nice 'tar jef. You could start telling everyone you've got a G5 now!

Dukestreet's sig should say something like 'official avatar designer of macrumors' :p

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
So what made you cave in and put up the 'tar jef? Was it just the simple offer duke made?

I always thought that your lack of an avatar was like, a political statement, or something...:)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I was thinking more along the lines of

ninja avatarist for the AZC

I'll have to think about that one. And anyone else want something for an avatar, I'd be willing to give it a go. I'm getting rid of mine soon, so I'll put it up for sale if someone wants it.:D

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Nice 'tar. So why did you break down and get an avatar? You've been without for so very long...

Taft

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
re: avatar

very nice to be seeing u with an avatar jef...

it was a bit "retro" feeling to see networkman back on the boards for a day... ;)

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
i went for the 'tar because of how cool dukestreet's avatars were...so i joined in and got one

while duke was working on it, i parused (is that a word?) the forums as networkman

jef

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
politically, i am a social liberal and/or liberal/moderate fiscally, which to many of you, is probably a boring statement

if i said i was a highly religious conservative billionaire with a huge gun collection and ten wives and i didn't believe in dancing, i might get a negative response

or if i said i was a bommb building marxist with ties to fidel castro and north korea, i might raise a few suspicions

but to say i have either voted for a democrat or republican and i often go to malls on the weekend is not something that will change the way we live in this country

and saying i use a mac will not raise any red flags on this forum...so much of what i say is preaching to the choir:D

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Nice 'tar indeed.
Congrats on your newly accuired 'tar, Jethatfield.
And Nice work Dukestreet.

Let's hope we'll see some of those soon now:)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, now I've got 2 G5 avatars out there and I might have to change them soon if this whole thing with the POWER4 comes to pass. Who knows, it might be a totally different chip based or the POWER4 and they'll call it the POWER5 to keep in line with Apples CPU numbering scheme.

Actually if they change the pro processor line, they should just go with a different scheme altogether.

If I can get it done soon enough my next one will have nothing to do with Apple. SPG, you're the first one to express intrest in a 'used' Avatar, only one owner. I'd be able to modify it if you want, change the words to something else, alter the Lightwave logo on the sphere and of course change the colors.

Let me know if you're interested.

And thanks for all the compliments, guys!:D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
new avatars

I had talked about it not too long ago...

and I think it's time for me to sport something different...

I've had a few ideas....but am not sure as of yet...:confused:

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Re: new avatars

Originally posted by eyelikeart
I had talked about it not too long ago...

and I think it's time for me to sport something different...

I've had a few ideas....but am not sure as of yet...:confused:
cool. im anticipating the new one. im sure you will come up with a cool one.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
hey kross

the new 'tars cool-its got the audio reel vibe.

btw, i've been thru kingsville numerous times. used to drive from laredo to corpus that way. this was a LONG time ago and i used to look forward to a great radio station out of sinton/taft ( that and KLBJ-austin ). loved to eat at snoopy's in CC and tortuga flats in " port a ". spring break there was the best.:)

man, i'm turning into a sentimental old codge......:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.