my new iBook 600

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2002
New England
My new ibook came today. It is the 600mhz cd rom version that came out this monday. It is really nice. This is my first laptop. My only complaint is that I wish all the cords plugged in the back and not on the left side. They are kind of annoying to look at.

Anybody know of a GOOD RETAIL STORE TO BUY A BAG FOR IT.

Ed

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Re: my new iBook 600

Originally posted by foofan
My new ibook came today. It is the 600mhz cd rom version that came out this monday. It is really nice. This is my first laptop. My only complaint is that I wish all the cords plugged in the back and not on the left side. They are kind of annoying to look at.

Anybody know of a GOOD RETAIL STORE TO BUY A BAG FOR IT.

Ed
Congrats, and you will never want to go back to a desktop again. Especially if you pony up for the Airport network. Here is a link for what I think are the best iBook cases out there. http://www.jambags.com/macs.html

Check it out. You will enjoy it.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
hehehe... i personally LOVE the cords on the side... i wish my powerbook g3 didn't have the silly backdoor problem... i use the ethernet port so often i wish i didn't have to flip the panel open every time i go somewhere

but anyways... congrats on the sweet new portable :)

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2002
New England
comments

Thanks for the comments.

What do you do for security, so it isn't stolen. Do you add any of this special software I hear about that can tell who is using it after it is stolen?

Ed

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Re: comments

Originally posted by foofan
Thanks for the comments.

What do you do for security, so it isn't stolen. Do you add any of this special software I hear about that can tell who is using it after it is stolen?

Ed
Well, I am 6'6 275 pounds, so people generally don't steal from people like me ;) . Seriously. It has a kensington lock port on it. Just lock the puppy down when you are at school, or just take it everywhere you go. The Kensington lock works great with it though, I had one when I was going to school here, and never had any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.