My new iMac is faulty... screen lag and grey band on monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hemmick reef, Sep 2, 2012.

1. hemmick reef macrumors member

I have recently jumped ship and moved from a PC to an iMac. I am a freelance Technical Illustrator and use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as my main programs.
    I have used the iMac for about a month now and have noticed poor performance when using Adobe Illustrator (screen lag). I contacted Apple Care and they suggested getting in touch with Adobe first. Subsequently I have been in contact several times with Adobe. It has not been resolved. Also I have recently noticed a band of light grey across the bottom of the screen.
    I have now contacted Apple Care again and they believe that there is a hardware fault and it is due to go for an estimated ten day repair.

At what point will Apple replace a computer if it will cause loss of earnings for a one man, one computer business.

Has anybody experiences a similar fault?

2. orvn macrumors 6502

I'm sorry your experience has been so unpleasant. I've had artifacts appear, but only after many years of using a machine.

Attendants at the genius bar tend to be very reasonable and you have a lot of leverage here, I would pressure them. Especially since they're estimating a two week repair.

3. hemmick reef thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to try and get the iMac replaced as I can't wait ten days for a repair, or my business is going to suffer.

4. hemmick reef thread starter macrumors member

I've contacted Apple Care again and they are going to replace the computer, since I've had the unresolved issue since I bought it...

that's what I call good service!