My new Ipad air..do not want it with my old Apple Id

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DeezelP, May 27, 2014.

1. DeezelP, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014

DeezelP macrumors member

Hi guys

I set up my first Apple ID when I was in the Uk a few years ago. My Apple 3gs is associated with this account as is my bust-up Pc I use to update it.

A few months ago I had register my bank details on this account as they needed updating. I didnt want to as the account details are for an Ozzie account and like I said before, the account was setup on the Uk store.

I have just bought a new IPAD Air. Rather than registering it with my old account, can I set up a new account and register it with that one? The reason I ask is because I plan to buy a new iphone and a new macbook in the future and want to synce them all together with the same apple account.

Thanks for your time

P.S Mods if there is a more appropiate forum, would you kindly move this thread there? Thanks

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Yes you can create a new apple I/d and set your new iPad air up with that. You can have multiple apple I/d's.

3. DeezelP thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply

Regarding setting up the new apple ID can I do it from my IPAD?

For some reason I thought you could only create an Apple ID from a computer...?

4. Neryus macrumors member

You can also change the store of an account. Just go to settings->iTunes&App Store, then tap on your Apple ID->View Apple ID. You should be able to change the store your account is linked to.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

You can do it from the iPad. Years ago you had to have a computer and connect to iTunes. These days that's not needed. Lots of people don't have a computer anymore.

6. DeezelP thread starter macrumors member

Thx for all the replies guys, excuse the lateness been engrossed with this new apple world

Sorted an Apple ID on this device, now onto downloading from the cloud

Thx again guys