Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
hmm im really confused! Just started happening last night. Whoever I call my number comes up as unknown on their phone.
I have a Verizon iphone 4. Any help is much appreciated. :)

Edit: and theres no settings under "phone" for caller ID.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
If you manage your Verizon account online, there's an area where you can set what name is sent when you call someone. Mine orig said "Wireless Caller", but I switched it to my name.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
If you manage your Verizon account online, there's an area where you can set what name is sent when you call someone. Mine orig said "Wireless Caller", but I switched it to my name.

I saw that but it says that it'll give my name to everyone even if they dont have my number :confused:

DocNYz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
East Coast, USA
One of my friends actually had this happen with att but after like half an hour or so on the phone with customer service they fixed it, so I'd at least give calling Verizon a shot ...

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I just did this with Sprint online under "My Account". Sprint gives you two options, either your full name (default) or a company name / or your first name only / or a nic name.

Very Cool. I have two phones (family shared plan) under one account. It always registers my name for both phones on the caller i.d. It says, it will take 3 hrs to register, so I hope, when I wake up tomorrow, it will work. I had them change this at the Sprint Store when I upgraded to the 4S on two occasions. It's strange how my full name still appeared for both lines. Now, it shows the revised.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.