My Numbers and Pages files suddenly turned into PDF!!! Out of nowhere

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ron Baltuch, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Ron Baltuch macrumors newbie

It first happen with a Pages file. I turned off my MacBook Pro and when I turned it back on the file turned into a PDF
    At first I thought that I made a mistake but when the SAME thing happen to a complex Numbers file of mine I was sure that it wasn't a mistake!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What the HELL!

2. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

3. Ron Baltuch thread starter macrumors newbie

I did export it as a copy but never saved it as PDF

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Check your global settings in pages and preview as well as numbers...it may have the default to PDF setting enabled.

5. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Odd.

What happens if you open Numbers, then in the File menu select Open Recent? Is the original (Numbers-format) file there?

I'm thinking/hoping that maybe you just lost the location of the original file, and all you see when you look for it now is the .pdf you exported.

You may also find that Numbers defaults to saving things in your iCloud store, which is a great feature if you want to open it on your multiple devices (plus it guards against theft or breakdown of your Mac), but it's not obvious how to get to the iCloud store via the Finder...

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The cloud IS the default, and you have to change it from the save dialogue box...could well be the issue here.