My only complaint so far

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SLC Flyfishing, Sep 22, 2012.

1. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

And it's super minor and temporary:

I'm sort of OCD about my apps. I don't like to stack them into folders much, unless it's a suite of apps that work together (I use Epocrates apps a lot and I don't mind having an Epocrates folder for example). The added row of apps on the iPhone 5 has ruined my whole organization scheme, and I've spent the entire morning trying to get it satisfactorily organized again.

I know I know, I'm obsessive. But other than that, I'm floored at the quality and speed of this new phone!

2. GravityEyes macrumors regular

GravityEyes

You need Prozac.

3. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

I have similar OCD problems but the iPhone 5 didn't cause me issues. All of my homescreens are alphabetized, including the dock and any folders.

Here are my homescreen setups:

Homescreen 1 - "Homeplate"
    Social Folder - Includes Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Reddit, Kick
    Stores Folder - App/iTunes/Apple Store Apps
    Common Use Things - Calendar, Camera, Notes, Safari, Phone, Messages, Mail, Contacts etc.

Homescreen 2 - "Services"
    Services (most use the Internet) - Spotify, Shazam, FedEx Mobile, Dictionary, Dropbox, Imgupr etc.

Homescreen 3 - "Finance"
    Various banking/investment apps to manage my finances.

Homescreen 4 - "Utilities"
    Various Utilities - Calculator, Find iPhone, Flashlight, Speed Test.

Homescreen 5 - "Crap"
    A folder with the built in apps I'll never use: stocks, compass etc.
    Also I put the newsstand here. haha

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

The OP isn't OCD (in the description given) so Prozac won't help. Of the many posts I've seen, nobody has posted with true OCD symptoms but instead use the term to describe their dissatisfaction of one thing or another. To be clear, they don't like something. That's not OCD.

5. HXGuy macrumors 68000

5 homescreens?! That would drive me nuts.

I like to have as few as possible so I used as many folders as possible. I end up with two homescreens and put apps that I don't use too often in folders and apps that I use daily are left on the homescreen.