My PC laptop was stolen...but they forgot my touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Vikinguy, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

So, my apartment got broken into last week and they took my plasma and my laptop. I have replaced it with macbook which I love and am getting used to using.

So..what is the EASIEST WAY to get the songs from my iPod Touch to itunes in my new macbook for a guy that doesn't really know his way around a mac too well as yet. :)

Please help...pretty please with sugar. I REALLY don't wanna lose this stuff. I have some Phish shows that are not replaceable.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can use the new free beta of Senuti. It can download songs off of your iPod touch, and it will put a blue dot next to all the songs that are already in your itunes library (a very useful feature). :D

3. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Try Senuti - available from Version Tracker

I think they have now added support for the touch and iPhone

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    My link in my post is right from Senuti's website. If you click it, it should download right away. And the new beta supports both.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If they are smart thieves they with be back, after giving you a chance to replace the stolen items.

6. Vikinguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, we have taken the proper precautions.

So, I download this...plug in my ipod and they'll just show up in my itunes on the new mac?

7. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Download Senuti, open the dmg file and install it by dragging it to your Applications folder.

Open iTunes, plug in your iPod, don't let it sync and wipe your music, open Senuti and it will list all the music on the iPod. You can then select all the music on the iPod to be copied to your hard drive.

I think you may have to check the preference in Senuti to make sure it adds your music to your iTunes library when it copies it to your hard drive. Otherwise the music will be copied and you will have to manually add it to iTunes.

8. Vikinguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks man...now i just need your phone number when this doesn't work cause Im an idiot!

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Basically open iTunes and Senuti. When you plug the iPod in it's going to ask if you want to sync to what's in your iTunes library -- you don't at the moment so don't even bother clicking anything that appears in iTunes (in other words, leave the box asking to sync open, don't click any of the options).

Now, go into Senuti and it should list everything on your iPod. If it doesn't, disconnect your iPod and then connect it again (if iTunes makes that message come up, ignore it again). I'm guessing if it's a new computer you'll want to transfer everything from your iPod, so press command+a to select everything, and then click transfer for the to be copied to your computer.

I believe Senuti can automatically import the tracks into your iTunes library, but if it doesn't, open iTunes, get rid of that ridiculous dialog box (it doesn't matter what you click now as your songs are on your hard drive), click File and select "Add to Library". Find where the tracks are on your computer (this will be in a location that you selected so it shouldn't be hard to find), press command+a once again to select all of them, and press enter. You should now have all of your iPod's music and videos on your new MacBook.

10. Vikinguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweet..I'll try this tonight and holla back. Thanks soooo much.