Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Sometime between 10.2.8 and umm...now, my permissions got really screwed up. When I open email, it always asks for my email passwords, iChat always asks me for my aim password. I can't use the iPhoto webpage creator or backup because system prefs wont hold onto my password. I've tried verifying and repairing permissions, I don't know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.

VegetaPunk

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2002
AZ
try repairing them

applications > utilities > disk utility

theres a option to do so in that program...

hope this helps:)

VegetaPunk

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2002
AZ
so the option to save passwords in your programs isnt working? The only other thing I can think of is to trash the prefs to the programs effected (try it with one that isnt that important to see if it works) I know its not that fun but they might be currupted.:(

macguymike

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2003
California
Re: My permissions dissappeared...

Originally posted by Phatpat
Sometime between 10.2.8 and umm...now, my permissions got really screwed up. When I open email, it always asks for my email passwords, iChat always asks me for my aim password. I can't use the iPhoto webpage creator or backup because system prefs wont hold onto my password. I've tried verifying and repairing permissions, I don't know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried fixing it to "always allow" in Keychain?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.