My phone fell in water ,i the dry it then it started but...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kurtlakov, Jun 13, 2011.

1. kurtlakov macrumors newbie

So my story in short mode. My friend pushes me in a pool i felt and in my pocket was my iphone . After 10 second i put it in a sunny place wait for a few hours then try to swith it on ( nothing) . Then i remove the battery and put the phone in rice after 2 days i try to start the phone and it is not working, but after pluging it in i started and everything is working except it will not find my sim card and has no sound ( also my camera flashlight is not working ) i can not connect it to apple cause when i unpluge it the battery is droping dead immediately. Anyone has any idea what should i do now ? Also when i try with my headphones there is sound , but very very low . Pleasee help me!

Best regards

2. lyth macrumors newbie

Sounds like your phone is toast dude.

If I was you, I would have let it dry in rice for a few days before even trying to turn it on.

BUT. If you have some technical knowledge, you could fix it.

You can buy new speakers, battery, and other parts online for pretty cheap.

If not, make your friend pay for it.

3. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Pushing people into pools is funny in movies, but retarded in real life. You should kick your friend in the teeth. Its the same level of humor.

4. MacmancUK macrumors member

Only option now I'm afraid is to get your "friend" to buy you a new one.

5. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Ummm .... you remove the battery?? Sounds like a BS thread to me.

6. kurtlakov thread starter macrumors newbie

Hah they don`t answer to my thread. And why does it sound like BS ? Cause you are not able to remove the battery ? Its simple really just take out 2 little things... ( i guess you know where they are ) then remove one more thing.. If you have removed the first 2 you would know what is there to remove . THen you are done battery is out!

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bring it to Apple and tell them what happened.
    They will charge you $200 to replace it and have your "friend" pay for the damages that he caused.

8. Vat Mouy Sia macrumors newbie

I think you should bring your iPhone to the iPhone support center. Because it was damage the hard ware, it the better way.