my phone is dropping 9 out of 10 calls.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tjespo22, Nov 16, 2009.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

ever since i restored my phone yesterday and it put the newest software on it, its dropping calls left and right and its really annoying me. anyone else having this problem?:mad:

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

lol, I've had no dropped calls ever since I've had my iPhone or since I've been on Cingular.

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Have you tried resetting it? If that doesn't work take it back and they will replace it.

4. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

ill try the reset, and if it still does it ill just go to the apple store. thanks

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I haven't either, except when I've been in extremely marginal areas or in my car and moving out of a cell.

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I get them semi regularly when at home but I talk on it in a basement. The signal will be good one minute and gone the next. It's not the phones fault in my situation.

7. hsk macrumors regular

Reset the Network - that could help with as it helps align you with the cloest tower.

8. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    remember back in the day of analog!!! :eek: it was such a simpler time!!

:D

9. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

10. strike1555 macrumors 6502

Thanks for wasting DB space with these absolutely worthless responses.

OP, welcome to AT&T. Pray for the microcell or Verizon to get the iPhone.

11. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

First of all, power the device off, then back on. If that doesn't resolve the issue, try resetting network settings (Settings > General > Reset). If all else fails, restore the phone again.

If that still doesn't resolve the issue, you'll need to restore the phone "as new" when prompted in iTunes at the end of the restore process. This will completely erase everything on your phone, and delete your backup, so you'll need to have all of your info (contacts, calendars, emails, pictures, texts, etc.) saved elsewhere.

Good luck. :)

12. uniforms macrumors regular

Yes, welcome to AT&T, less bars in MORE places! Counting the days till iPhone is at Verizon!

13. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

ok im about to throw this ****ing phone out the window, it dropped every single call after i made this thread. im on the phone now with a friend and in 3 minutes it dropped the call two times

14. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

What have you tried so far to remedy this issue?

15. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I fail to see how your comment of "OP, welcome to AT&T" is any more valuable than my comment that I had not experienced any network problems.

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I had similar issues, and a replacement phone remedied them. You'll want to set it up as a brand new device as well - restoring from your backup might well cause the problem to crop up again.

17. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

i just reset the network settings and well see if that fixes it, if not im going to get a new phone tomorrow im not wasting my time restoring it again which takes ****n 2 hrs

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

A restore on mine only takes 10 minutes at most. It shouldn't take more than that.

19. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Indeed. I don't know what he's talking about.

20. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

it takes forever for me. maybe becuase im on an ibook?

21. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Are you counting the time it takes to copy your music and movies back?

22. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

Did you contat AT&T? They may be having an outage in your area or a tower down.

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Like other posters mentioned, you most likely need to restore as new. When you just do a backup, your not eliminating everything from the Jailbreak.

24. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

Gees people! Think that maybe for a second that the phone is okay and maybe it's the network or sim card? OP, I would recommend going to the AT&T store and swapping sim cards. If that doesn't work, then I would call AT&T and get a help ticket started on the situation.

There hasn't been any real serious issues with the newest 3.1.2 firmware causing dropped calls. If anything, it helped resolve some of those issues from 3.1. This doesn't mean it's not something wrong with your phone, but I would personally go through these easier steps rather than having to get a new phone and restoring everything. Best of luck with it all, let us know how it turns out.

25. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

its not my phone since like i said i never had the problem since the second i restored it. ITS HAPPENING ON EVERY SINGLE CALL NOW! im going to restore it to a new phone, if that fails im going to apple AND GETTING A NEW PHONE