My plan is to buy the space gray 1.1 256GB tomorrow!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Cape Dave, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Cape Dave macrumors 68000

I am excited. I have been in major decision making mode for months. This or an iPad. Being as this one has a keyboard and track pad and therefore I could do some quick work tasks on it, as well as surf, email and Netflix, I have decided at long last to go with the MacBook.

I have seen them and I love the keyboard, (I wish they would make it for all their computers).

It will be plenty fast for me as I do nothing but web based stuff and email No 50GB photos or 7 hour video edits here!

It is so light and fanless! Apple has once again raised the bar with this.

The only fly in the ointment possibility is the iPad pro. If THAT, and I suspect it will, comes with the awesome new keyboard as a bluetooth thing, well, then I may sell this and get that. But without a SUPERB keyboard, I will keep the MacBook!

As we all know, these decisions are AGONIZING! It took me many weeks to consider all te possible variables, up against what I actually WILL do with it and what I may WANT to do in the future. Glad it is over, time to buy!

2. tjleonard macrumors 6502a

Out of curiosity, are you ordering or found somewhere with them in stock? I can't seem to find one in stock.

I have a 13" rMBP, faster computer, and do use it quite a bit, although thinking of buying a Macbook for more of a travel computer and just to see out of 2-3 weeks if I run into performance problems. My only worry is the 8gb of RAM...I want 16gb simply because I need to run a VM or two every now and then for work.

3. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Go into your local store and ask they won't show in stock if you look online

4. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

That thing is amazing. I was looking at one in the store and it was about as thick as my iPad3, with the logitech keyboard the pad was a lot thicker.

I'm getting the rMBP because I do want to do those big edits but given the choice between an iPad and the new macbook, absolutely I would go for it as a light duty machine.

5. neurodave macrumors member

It's a great machine. I couldn't find any in-store, but I found one on CL for $200 cheaper and only used for literally an hour.

6. tjleonard macrumors 6502a

Makes me wonder why they wouldn't just send it back / return it for a full refund...

7. Saurus504 macrumors member

Just ordered mine online SG 256GB version as well.. 2-3 day shipping was only an extra 13$ so went with that. Went back and forth on whether to get the 512GB version, but I just recently upgraded my cloud storage to 500GB so I think I'll be good.
    I actually called a store and they told me the only way I'd get one in store is if I stalked the website and reserved one as soon as I saw it available. But I didn't feel like dealing with all that nonsense.

8. Cape Dave thread starter macrumors 68000

Well, I did a quick change. Got the Mac Book Pro 13.3 low end. More than enough for what I need. I LOVE the keyboard on the MacBook. I wish it was on the pro! But that nice big retina screen did it for me. I travel rarely and when I do, it would be best if I had something as close to my work machine, see sig, as possible. I only bring it to where I am going, not around with my person. I have the iPhone 6 for that :)

9. lchlch macrumors 6502a

Just a bit of advice. At least upgrade the storage if you want to buy the base 13".