My pre-order experience (Yes, I managed to preorder the 6 Plus already)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
So I called my AT&T store today to see if I could arrange an online preorder through AT&T to be picked up at my nearest retail location, and I got in touch with what would turn out to be the retail location from heaven. I talked to this guy, asked him if I could go through the process that way, and he told me that unfortunately I couldn't, but that I could place it in person at that location and that it would be delivered there for pickup.

I asked him how early I could go pre-order it in person tomorrow, and he stated that although they normally open at 10 AM, they were opening an hour earlier for people who wanted to place their orders in person. I then proceeded to ask how early these people tend to show up and how long the line usually is in that situation, and in a few words he told me that the lines are usually really long, but that I could come up to the location right at that moment, about an hour before close to put my order in, and that it would be among the first that they processed tomorrow before opening. I was pretty much in disbelief at how easy it was, but its done!

Did anyone else get to do something similar at their retail location?

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
So... you didn't actually pre-order anything and are just wasting space on this board?

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
So... you didn't actually pre-order anything and are just wasting space on this board?

Kettle black.

and yeah I did, my order is in the system, so pull the **** out of your **** and shove it in your mouth, because though you might believe every word out of your mouth needs to be heard, I can assure you that's hardly the case.

Last edited:

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
Kettle black.

and yeah I did, my order is in the system, so pull the dick out of your ass and shove it in your mouth, because though you might believe every word out of your mouth needs to be heard, I can assure you that's hardly the case.
My my, what a classy guy you are.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
should we wait for your thread on why att didn't get your order?
He actually said a large number of the customers in the area did the same thing and put their orders in the system, they get called tomorrow before opening to receive the shipping info.

----------

My my, what a classy guy you are.
I'm sorry, maybe I should try being some cynical misanthrope and go around talking **** to a post that in no way called for your type of response.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
No need to be so snarky, OP. A lot of people have just been down this road before and have seen many, many happy 'I got my order in early!' threads turn into 'those @#%@#%@$ idiots screwed up my order!!'.

If it works, congrats. I hope it does, honestly, otherwise you're in for a headache.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
No need to be so snarky, OP. A lot of people have just been down this road before and have seen many, many happy 'I got my order in early!' threads turn into 'those @#%@#%@$ idiots screwed up my order!!'.

If it works, congrats. I hope it does, honestly, otherwise you're in for a headache.
Nah, I get you, sorry for the snark, I just thought it was a beyond annoying thing for xkkxkkxmmkxkmxkkxmkxkxllx to go out of his way to say. Here's hoping everything works out. I have the guy's name and he said he'd call me tomorrow just to go over everything and confirm it all by e-mail.

----------

So what's your ship date?
I'm just picking it up in store on launch day, I was just excited at the fact that I got the chance to reserve a unit ahead of time and avoid making any type of line or anything.

mathiss02

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
there is no way possible unless it was a **authorized dealer** I work for at&t and there is no way possible that you can enter it in the system because the item numbers aren't in the system yet. I tried looking it up all day. We had people come in the past saying they didn't get it because they did what you did at a **authorized dealer** aka shadyville!

bbates123

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
Post #5 from the OP...way over the top and uncalled for. You don't need to use that kind of language here to make your point.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Ehhhh... I'd be cautious. Unless they're somehow pre-emptively taking names to put into the system for when it DOES become available, it's not really possible for them to yet. So your name may be on a list, but I'm sure there'd be no *OFFICIAL* pre-order just yet.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
there is no way possible unless it was a **authorized dealer** I work for at&t and there is no way possible that you can enter it in the system because the item numbers aren't in the system yet. I tried looking it up all day. We had people come in the past saying they didn't get it because they did what you did at a **authorized dealer** aka shadyville!
Nah it was an actual, legitimate AT&T retail location. Not an authorized dealer. He said the order was open in the system and that they'd be processed through tomorrow morning, with a shipping confirmation in my e-mail.

----------

Post #5 from the OP...way over the top and uncalled for. You don't need to use that kind of language here to make your point.
It was, I was annoyed. Sorry.

----------

Ehhhh... I'd be cautious. Unless they're somehow pre-emptively taking names to put into the system for when it DOES become available, it's not really possible for them to yet. So your name may be on a list, but I'm sure there'd be no *OFFICIAL* pre-order just yet.

I think that's what they're doing! I just didn't really know what to call it but pre-order, and since my info and device preference is in the system and will be put through first thing tomorrow, I thought it was fitting.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati OH
FWIW I was at Verizon today asking about switching from AT&T. The rep offered to take my "pre-order" while I was there today but rescinded when it sunk in that I wasn't already a Verizon customer. I asked how he could pre-order that early and he said they were queuing them up and would order them the next morning. Glad I didn't "qualify"...they may be sold out by the time they enter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.