My Predictions

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
I know many of you may not agree with this but I really think we will see the following.

From the past... we know that Apple likes updating the iMac and PowerMacs at this Expo. I think we will see new iMacs and PowerMacs.

The iMac will probably be re-designed. Flat Panel? Most likely. G3 or G4? I say G4. The reason... why give the iMac a re-design using old technology. G4 iMacs I think we will see.

But if Apple releases G4 iMacs then the PowerMac G4 will hurt because you can run FinalCut and iMovie on the iMac and it would be a lot cheaper. This is why I see the G5 being released.

How about the 'books'... They might but I doubt it. I think they will be updated in March.

A new monitor? Sounds like it could happen. Larger resolution on the cinema display would be nice.

The new iProduct(s) I think we will see a new iProduct... Lots of talk about a PDA/Newton. Maybe... chances not too high. Sticking with the multimedia iPod i think we might see a similar thing but it will transfer Mpegs and Quicktime videos over to it. Of course using FireWire and using QuickTime 6 (or an update to 5) to do the transfering.

iSoftware: Lots of talk of a graphic design program.. maybe. Think AppleWorks 7 with increased features... PowerPoint type feautres in the Slide Show part. I think Apple might launch web design software. They had HomePage but I think AppleWorks will incorporate it into it.

Of Course many other software companies will announce Mac OS X software and hardware.

B

Beej

A reasonable and realistic prediction, but I'd go for fast G3s in the iMac with no G5 announcement.

That said, there is no way Apple would hype MWSF this much if this all all that is going to happen...

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
i really really really strongly believe there will be no g5 intro...maybe a sneak peak due to demand, but jaguar is being painstakingly programmed in order to ensure quality. no jaguar = no g5. 64-bit processing here we come.

eroscott

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2002
Think BIG.... Outside The BOX

I know what it would be if it were up to me... (that fit's the teasers)

Large size and beautiful Cinema Display that will replace my television and be controlled with my iBook or iMac thru my airport network... will also display awesome iTunes visuals while playing on my Kardmon-Hardmon (whatever) speakers, and surf the internet and play iMovies, etc... the one and only TRUE DIGITAL LIFESTYLE... ITS JUST GOTTA BE THAT BIG, Steve... Don't let us down!

This should be way bigger that "computers," this is about LIVING...

That would be my guess, Scott

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
mortorola said something some months back that they had the G5 chip cooling problems fixed and they were ready for shipment... this was on their site... This is why I think the G5 is ready to go...

I'll look for the link..

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
i say its a personal transportation device. just like in star trek, but they'll call it iMgivinitallshesgotcap'n and it will own you all. buy two get a free scottie action figure with real beer drinking motion.

hmmm im guessing its 100 to be senior?

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
can't find the G5 article.... I'll keep looking...

Some how I can't see it being a transportation device....

Zach303

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2002
I like your concept for the flat panel imac, and the g4 upgrade. Also, with the powermacs upgrading to g5 because there has to be a difference between low-end macs and high-end macs, i mean there must be a noticable difference! can't see much change on either book because they just had such an awesome re-design a little to recently ( as apposed to the 2 year concept for the imac). and i agree with everthing else except ur pda. in november issue of fortune, there was a several page article on apple and its ideas for innovation ( right after the ipod was debuted). they said they weren't getting into pda's because the market is saturated and when u look at palm, and other primary pda manufacturers, sales aren't increasing much at all, so they felt it not neccesary to get into that market. but, i could be wrong because after all, apple has been known to strategically throw you off.

greg godwin

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
New iMacs (renamed) are G4. Power Mac will push dual-processor/larger screen until the G5 is released late this year.