My Q&A to musclenerd about 4.1 jailbreak yesterday

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphonewoman, Sep 30, 2010.

1. iphonewoman macrumors member

I did a Q&A with MuscleNerd yesterday about the 4.1 jailbreak progress here is what he had to say

How long have you guys been developing the 4.1 jailbreak ?

> In some sense, years! Many of the tools, methods, and concepts carry over from one jailbreak to the next. But as far as the stuff that's brand new and unique to this jailbreak, things really picked up on the day that @pod2g got his SHAtter exploit and payload working ( http://twitter.com/pod2g/status/23932796062 )

How many people are working on the 4.1 Jailbreak ?

> Including both teams and independent contributors who belong to neither team, about 8-10 people are working on the unique aspects of this jailbreak.

Will the 4.1 jailbreak be 4.2 compatible ?

> If it's not already compatible by the time 4.2 comes out, it can likely be made to be compatible. (But nothing is ever 100% predictable.)

Are you guys waiting for the 4.2 GM Build to be released till you drop the new jailbreak ?

> Nope! There are parts of it that aren't fully worked out yet. The goal is to make it easy and safe enough for most peopl...,..

full article

http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com/forum/our-interview-dev-team-about-41

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

This is you chatting with him or is it just a paste from the other site?

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Thanks for compiling the info, nothing really new or surprising there.

For the sake of the thread, this is what P0sixninja had to say a few days ago (Sep 23):

4. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Glad to see it's being worked on :) Cause I really need to service my phone for the faulty home button...

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in them not updating pwnage tools for those of use that don't have to wait for the new exploit.

6. iphonewoman thread starter macrumors member

this is my, cadsii and musclenerd's chat from yesterday

no copy paste stills here